Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RandomKate

All 4 channel not loading (UK)

This is daft & SO frustrating.  I'm a pensioner & can only afford to buy the ROKU box, to access the four free terrestrial UK TV channels,  BBC / ITV / Channel 4 / Channel 5 . The latter is rubbish , as is most of ROKU TV but Channel 4 is the best and for days now, it won't load !  You get a brief glimpse of the home page & then reverts to menu for choosing a channel. Tried everything , flummoxed & exasperated.

10 REPLIES 10
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: All 4 channel not loading (UK)

@RandomKate

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ke1009
Reel Rookie

I've also been having this exact issue with All 4 not loading properly for the past couple of weeks. I tried removing and restarting as advised above but it hasn't resolved the issue for me.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi  @ke1009

Thanks for keeping in touch!

Many channels on Roku are maintained by the channel provider themselves. Since the error only occurs on the All 4 channel, that's an indication that there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them. We indeed recommend contacting All 4 channel Support to report the issue and get help.

Thank you for your understanding.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
sinnamon

What can I do? All 4 doesn't load I've tried to remove channel reset my roku still no luck 

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi  @sinnamon

Welcome to the Roku Community!

To ensure the process of removing and re-adding the All 4 channel is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. from the Settings menu by navigating to  Settings > System > System restart > Restart. However, if it still has no dice and the issue is only with the channel alone, this is a good indication that there is likely an issue within that specific channel that will need to be addressed with an update from the channel publisher. Channels on Roku are created and maintained by each channel publisher. In this case, you'll want to reach out to All 4 channel support directly to share your feedback.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
sylvysim

Removed and restarted still channel 4 not working other channels fine

0 Kudos
sylvysim

Only channel 4 won't play on roku

0 Kudos
sylvysim

how can I contact Channel 4

0 Kudos
ke1009
Reel Rookie

I reported it to All4 for months but there is a way I got around it. The problem seems to be the default homepage. As soon as it begins to load I keep pressing the down on the romote control and stays in All4. I sometimes need to attempt this a few times before it goes down the list at the side of the screen away from the default homepage. Hope this works!

0 Kudos