Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ricklbiss

Ads in navigation Bar certainly display thie en**bleep**ification of my TV

Jump to solution

Well - it wasn't long ago that i would have recommended Roku to anyone, but seeing Ads in the navigation bar is probably one of the most offensive ad placements i've ever seen.  Cool - glad the marketing team won over the conversation of "should we make our TV less usable to sell more ADs"  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Ads in navigation Bar certainly display thie en**bleep**ification of my TV

Jump to solution

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @ricklbiss!

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we appreciate your honest feedback about the commercial you are seeing on your Home screen. We'd like to provide further information about this.

Roku allows you to limit the types of ads shown on your device, either by hiding individual ads or limiting certain ad categories. Use the following instructions to opt out of ads that may contain sensitive content:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select Privacy
  4. Select Advertising
  5. Select Sensitive ad content
  6. Select one or more sensitive ad categories
  7. Press OK

You may also hide certain ad types on the Home Screen by selecting the ad using the directional pad on your Roku remote, Pressing the Star (*) button, and selecting Hide this ad.

For reference, we have a support article dedicated to this: How to manage ad preferences

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Ads in navigation Bar certainly display thie en**bleep**ification of my TV

Jump to solution

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @ricklbiss!

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we appreciate your honest feedback about the commercial you are seeing on your Home screen. We'd like to provide further information about this.

Roku allows you to limit the types of ads shown on your device, either by hiding individual ads or limiting certain ad categories. Use the following instructions to opt out of ads that may contain sensitive content:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select Privacy
  4. Select Advertising
  5. Select Sensitive ad content
  6. Select one or more sensitive ad categories
  7. Press OK

You may also hide certain ad types on the Home Screen by selecting the ad using the directional pad on your Roku remote, Pressing the Star (*) button, and selecting Hide this ad.

For reference, we have a support article dedicated to this: How to manage ad preferences

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos