Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TooTallSTL
Reel Rookie

Re: Activation Link & QR Code Not Working

Jump to solution

That worked.. I power cycled modem and router and then plugged in the Ethernet cable.. initiated the factory reset again and QR popped right up and I was able to activate the TV again.

thank you

Cski16

Jump to solution

I’ve tried all these steps and there are still no emails or QR links being sent. 

i performed a factory reset after an update froze and no help and now this. Wth Roku?!?

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Cski16,

A warm welcome, and thanks for the first post here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for taking those troubleshooting steps. We recommend connecting your device to an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are still experiencing the same issue.

Please keep us posted on how it works this time.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Williehawk

Jump to solution

Cant make qr code work.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Williehawk,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Are you getting an error code or message? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

For more information on this issue, visit our support page here.

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

How do you roku nimrods expect anyone to factory reset these devices when they are locked up at the qr code activation?

Brand new 55" "Smart tv" 

Im taking this **bleep** back and getting a SAMSUNG!!!

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @joeindallas,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Roku Community!

We hear you especially since it's your first time activating it. We'd like to help. 

Performing a factory reset on a device will help, especially for removing bugs. Stuck on activating might be caused by a network issue. Try switching to an alternative network, like a mobile hotspot, or a refresh on your router to see any differences.

But if still no dice. get back here and we'll further look into it.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
degrub

Jump to solution

Tried recommended solutions for the past 2 days. NOTHING suggested worked! The TV starts and immediately goes to setup. I followed the setup steps letter for letter and NOTHING WORKED. TV wireless quit working or TCL is not sending out emails. I suspect it is the latter. This tv is seldom used and is plugged into a surge protector, and is only 3-4 years old! Not the first time I have had this problem with a TCL TV. Time to consider another option. Given the amount of time I spent trying to get this TV working It would have been cheaper just buying a different TV!!!

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @degrub,

Greetings from the Roku Community!
We appreciate the effort that you have put into troubleshooting the issue. No worries; we will be more than happy to assist you further. Please try to use a different email and see if that will fix the issue. If the problem still persists, please try connecting your Roku to an alternative network, like a mobile hotspot.

We hope this helps.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos