Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WildOne87
Reel Rookie

Activation Link & QR Code Not Working

Jump to solution

Had to reset the network on my TCL Roku TV, afterwards my apps wouldn't load. Factory reset the TV and the QR Code to activate my account, nor the email works. I have even changed the email with my Roku account and I still get the error that I can't be reached at that email. No email came into my spam folder on either email addresses either. Tried wireless, wired to my home network and even tried another internet connection and none of them worked.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Activation Link & QR Code Not Working

Jump to solution

Hi @TooTallSTL,

Thank you for keeping us posted!

We understand you're having a problem scanning the QR code to activate your Roku. No worries! We will be more than happy to assist you further. Please try restarting your modem and router. After doing so, you will need to factory reset your Roku by hitting the star button on the Roku remote and choosing factory reset before attempting to scan the QR code once more.

Please keep us updated if the issue continues.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @WildOne87,

Warm greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for getting in touch.

We appreciate the attempts at troubleshooting, and we'd like to take a closer look into it and see what other options we can suggest for this.

It seems like you haven't tried connecting that device to a mobile hotspot. Give it a try, then try again to see if you're still seeing the same issue occur.

Please keep us posted!

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
WildOne87
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The other internet connection I tried was my mobile hotspot.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@WildOne87,

We appreciate your responses,

Have you tried resending the email activation link when switching to a mobile hotspot? 

If you continue to have issues with the activation email, you can get the activation link by scanning a QR code with your phone's camera. To do this, press star button on Roku remote on your remote and select Activate with a QR code. Either way, you can try again at a later time.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
WildOne87
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The QR Code doesn't load. And yes, I tried resending it after I tried my homes wireless internet, my homes wired connection and my mobile Hotspot.  I tried all 3 connections, and resending the email after I tried using a different email address.

0 Kudos
TooTallSTL
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have a Roku device and a TV that were frozen when connected to internet.. so I followed the factory reset and now I am also stuck in activation. QR code won’t pop up, it just thinks and thinks and then goes back asking me to enter my email. I have tried 2 different WiFi networks one was 2.4 a one was 5G and the wired and then hot spot. Nothing works. 

I out in my email and it goes back to network failure or says something about email can’t be reached.. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @TooTallSTL,

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for letting us know about your concern. Have you tried using the link activation that is sent to your email address? Also, what specific Roku device are you having issues with? 

In addition, you can send us an image referring to the QR code activation loading error for us to have a clearer sight of the issue.

We look forward to your response regarding this,

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TooTallSTL
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

No link ever shows up. I know it works because I did it when I bought the TV and when I just changed my password with the phone app.

i will get the errors for both the QR code and the email link and send them over 

0 Kudos
TooTallSTL
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Error with QR code is 016 tV not connected to the internet. Even after verifying connection and putting in network password. Did both 5G and 2.4 .. made sure the channels are good … I have a Roku box and another TV they are currently working but one of the boxes is doing the same thing as this element TV..

email just can’t seem to reach me at: lists my email that I just typed in.

hit qr again and now it’s just spinning and waiting

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @TooTallSTL,

Thank you for keeping us posted!

We understand you're having a problem scanning the QR code to activate your Roku. No worries! We will be more than happy to assist you further. Please try restarting your modem and router. After doing so, you will need to factory reset your Roku by hitting the star button on the Roku remote and choosing factory reset before attempting to scan the QR code once more.

Please keep us updated if the issue continues.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos