Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BhamPhil
Reel Rookie

ARC stopped working on R655

Jump to solution

Over the weekend, the ARC on my R655 suddenly stopped working. I have unplugged the power cord and that ARC HDMI (as suggested with a different model) and reset factory audio and video settings on the menu, but the problem persist. Suggestions are welcome.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: ARC stopped working on R655

Jump to solution

Hi @BhamPhil,

Thank you for the additional information!

We will be glad to assist you further. Please try to switch HDMI outputs at the back of your TV and ensure that you're plugging the HDMI cable into the port labeled ARC.

You might also need to go into Settings and enable the ARC port, depending on the settings of that Roku TV, which will vary by manufacturer.

• ARC steps:
    1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
    2. Scroll and select Settings
    3. Select System
    4. Select Control other devices (CEC)
    5. Scroll and highlight ARC
    6. Check the box to enable ARC.

**This menu order might vary slightly based on the Roku TV manufacturer but you can learn more here.

If you're still running into issues, let us know. You can also contact TCL's technical support directly if you're still running into an issue. 

Regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @BhamPhil,

From the Roku Community, welcome!

We want to further investigate this issue. Could you elaborate more about your problem with the Roku TV? Is this happening on all channels and contents, or is it isolated? (Specify)

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                                    John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BhamPhil
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the HDMI from the cable box plugged into my receiver. I have the arc going from the receiver to the tv. Neither the Roku apps nor the connected Fire TV connected to a Roku input will transmit to my receiver. My cable box continues to transmit over the other signals

0 Kudos
BhamPhil
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

And there is still no signal when the cable box is off

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @BhamPhil,

Thank you for the additional information!

We will be glad to assist you further. Please try to switch HDMI outputs at the back of your TV and ensure that you're plugging the HDMI cable into the port labeled ARC.

You might also need to go into Settings and enable the ARC port, depending on the settings of that Roku TV, which will vary by manufacturer.

• ARC steps:
    1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
    2. Scroll and select Settings
    3. Select System
    4. Select Control other devices (CEC)
    5. Scroll and highlight ARC
    6. Check the box to enable ARC.

**This menu order might vary slightly based on the Roku TV manufacturer but you can learn more here.

If you're still running into issues, let us know. You can also contact TCL's technical support directly if you're still running into an issue. 

Regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BhamPhil
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I now know I lose ARC connection after switching TV input and then switching back to ARC. To fix the problem, I have to set the TV audio to speaker. Then I turn off ARC on my receiver. Power everything off and back on again. Set up ARC on my receiver and then set the audio on Roku back to ARC. It's a huge hassle

0 Kudos