Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HnySingh
Binge Watcher

Re: 50’ Sharp roku tv + Sony Ht-ct350 Sound bar issue with Hdmi Arc- no sound until input switch

Yes, i m using both hdmi arc & optical and it is working just fine. System is set to auto select best possible sound output & whenever hdmi is available it selects hdmi and if hdmi fails it selects optical

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Re: 50’ Sharp roku tv + Sony Ht-ct350 Sound bar issue with Hdmi Arc- no sound until input switch

You cannot use both HDMI ARC and optical at the same time. Unplug the HDMI ARC cable from the TV and soundbar. Delete the HDMI input from the Roku TV settings. Just use the optical cable. Be sure to restart your TV also 

0 Kudos
HnySingh
Binge Watcher

Why’s that will it create some problem ?

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

They are entirely different ways to connect your soundbar to your TV. A TV or a soundbar cannot magical switch from optical to hdmi arc and back. 

0 Kudos
HnySingh
Binge Watcher

The way i see it, its my tv which sends signal(contact) to subwoofer/Brains of my sound system in my case if u have searched my model of the soundbar that what input/output will it accept, in tv’s settings i have selected automatic between hdmi, optical & tv speakers. What ever the sound system accepts the tv sends that signal.

display on my sub shows which input is working at the moment. Hdmi or optical is highlighted when its in use.

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Ok well I am trying to help you. Even the owners manual for HT-CT350 tells you to use either an optical cable or HDMI ARC. Not both at the same time. I am trying to assist you by doing some basic trouble shooting 

0 Kudos
HnySingh
Binge Watcher

Yes, I understand but i have already tried everything so that i get hdmi arc work properly but sometimes it does work & other times there is no sound/hdmi fails to show up on display. Maybe resetting my roku tv might help but I recently did that when i was getting some other unrelated roku glitch with fast startup. I really appreciate your help mate but unless using both hdmi arc & optical at same time causes some problems rather than the one it fixed for me or some software update fixes this issue i think i m gonna stick to it.

i will watch for the sysmbols on the display & will remove the optical cable once i see that the sound bar sticks to hdmi. I hope u respect my decision or guide me for resolution here. Cause i have tried alot of things already but nothing helped.

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Keep in mind you are also using an 11 year old soundbar with a new TV. When things like this happen you may run into compatibility issues. Like when you change from Android to Apple. Sure you have a new phone then you realize that your old charger and cables don't work. When did you purchase the TV? I would have bought the TV along with a new soundbar and 100/1 you would be having zero issues. 

0 Kudos
HnySingh
Binge Watcher

I think my tv is 2018 model & my soundbar is 2011. I get your point but still hardware is compatible so why not software can be. It doesn’t mean new stuff gets to get software updates & breaks compatibility for old things. Thats like producing more waste without any reason or to make more money 💰 

0 Kudos