Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NoSrsly
Reel Rookie

50” Hisense Roku TV Keeps Rebooting

My tv comes on and all the apps are there, no matter which I selected, it shuts off and reboots. I tried the reset button the back of the tv but it was the same issue and now reboot is happening even faster, I can’t enter my Roku sign-on information. Please help. It’s not an over heating problem because I’ve had it unplugged for an entire day after it first started. 😞

0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: 50” Hisense Roku TV Keeps Rebooting

Hi @NoSrsly,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We'd like to be of assistance here and see how we can put you back on streaming.

If I understand it correctly, you're currently stuck in the guided setup process, right? We'd like to know if you made some recent changes that might be related to this.

Also, how long have you been using this Roku TV?

Please keep us informed!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
3urrant
Reel Rookie

Hello I hope you can assist me.  My Hisense Roku is 4 years old and when plugged in it is continuously rebooting back to the initial screen but does not go any further just rebooting.  I am not able to upload the firmware because of the rebooting mode; I have tried to factory reset from the reset button on the back of the tv to no avail.      I am attempting to download the firmware from the Roku website onto a flash drive however I have not been successful with this either.

Can you offer me any suggestions other then throwing the set out 😊; I am 65 and realize that some of this high tech maybe very well be over my head, but I am willing to give it my best shot?

older and bewildered 😂

0 Kudos
VO9
Channel Surfer

Hello @3urrant,

I am having the same issue that you are having with my 50" Hisense Roku TV that keeps rebooting and this has been happening since I did the software update. I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but Roku may not be able to assist you I have been chatting with Roku customer support on their page, I've been on the phone with Roku technical support  and I have contacted the Hisense TV manufacturer at 1-888-935-8880 and via chat since 5:00pm CST and it's now 10:34pm and no one has been able to get this resolved. (Roku Customer Support Krizzha 6:15 pm Thank you so much for that. Veronica since you already performed the soft and hard reset, this TV needs to be investigated by our TV manufacturer. Please contact them at 1-888-935-8880 so that they can check your Hisense Roku TV. Please contact them to check the hardware and power of your Roku TV.)

I also tried to download the firmware onto a flash drive myself however, when I enter my serial number I get an error message that says my serial number is incorrect. Each person I chatted with or talk to over the phone from Roku and Hisense has been putting it off on the other provider and manufacturer. I copy and paste below the steps that Hisense support virtual assistant gave me to follow along with them stating to contact Roku for firmware update if you have a Roku TV.  As of right now my TV is still rebooting as Roku or Hisense are not taking accountability on this issue.  I hope the steps below works out for you or that you have a better outcome with getting help from Roku or Hisense with the rebooting of your TV than what I had.

Hisense TV

MAR 23, 2024

1. Chat started
  2. 7:12 PM

Hello! Welcome to Hisense support. As your Virtual Assistant, I'm available to help you with a range of issues, such as "There is no picture", or, "TV won't turn on". Could you kindly provide a brief description of the problem you're encountering?

2. 7:13 PM

TV keeps rebooting.

1. If your TV turns on or off by itself and you're right next to the TV, please try the following options one by one:
  2. 1. Outlet Check:
    Please plug other devices into the outlet to check if it's working properly. If it's not, try using a different outlet. For the best results, plug the unit directly into a wall outlet rather than an extension.
  3. 2. Power Cycle:
    Please do a power cycle to see if it resolve the issue. To do this, unplug the TV power cord for 10 seconds and then plug it back in.
  4. 3. Button Check:
    Check if any buttons on the remote or the TV are stuck. Then, turn on the TV and take out the remote's batteries. See if the TV still turns off by itself.
  5. 4. Download Firmware manually:
    If you can't get the TV working after on-screen update, you're gonna have to do the software update manually.
    • Visit the Hisense support website and Enter your TV serial number to identify the correct version.
    • please get a computer or laptop, and use a 4Gb FAT32 formatted USB drive.
    • If multiple firmware versions are available, download the latest version. The last four numbers are the firmware release date. For example, if you are seeing N1207 (7th, Dec) and N0915 (15th, Sep), you should download the most recent version, which is N1207.
    • Unzip the downloaded .zip file and copy its contents to the USB drive's root directory. Safely eject the USB from the PC.
    • If the downloaded .zip file has “…USBOTA…” in the filename. Copy the .zip file to the root directory of the USB drive without unzipping and you can safely Eject the USB from the PC.
    • Insert the USB drive into the TV's USB port with the TV unplugged.
    • Plug in the TV while holding down any key on the remote control to initiate the upgrade. (If the TV is not powered on, press the Power button first and then long-press the Power button.)
    • When the update begins, a progress bar shows the update process.
    • The TV will reboot automatically once the update is complete. Then, remove the USB drive.
  6. 7:13 PM

Roku TV Users:
If you have a Roku TV and need a firmware update, please contact Roku to update the firmware. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@VO9, I doubt downloading the firmware will help if the TV doesn't boot, but when you try to download it from https://tvupdate.roku.com/ you need to enter the Roku serial number, not the TV manufacturer's serial number.  You can find it under Settings->System->About, but if it won't even boot then that's not helpful.  You should also be able to find it under your Roku account at https://my.roku.com.  If it's no longer linked to your Roku account for some reason, I've found that you can enter any Roku device serial number.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
VO9
Channel Surfer

@renojim, I did all of that and it did not help/worked.  Since Roku keeps saying that my firmware needs to be updated by their manufacturer (Hisense) even though Hisense told me that Roku does the firmware update since I have a Roku TV I reached out to Hisense again via submitting a ticket on their support website at www.hisense-usa.com.

0 Kudos
Steve_2024
Reel Rookie

Mine is doing the exact same thing! 😞 

0 Kudos
Jmaitland

Did it just start today?? 

Mine just started doing it this morning 

0 Kudos
NoSrsly
Reel Rookie

Well mine has been doing it for months. I left it off for like a month. Turned it on, it played a few movies on Prime for about 2-3 hours. Then started doing the same thing again. So idk what’s wrong. Probably just need to get a new one. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, Community users.

Thanks for posting regarding the issue you have encountered with your Hisense Roku TV.

We'd like to gather more information on the issue so we can review this case. Kindly provide the following details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue,
  • Troubleshooting steps performed.
Once we have this information, we will be able to work on it and investigate this issue further.

Your response would be much appreciated.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos