Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beg0838
Reel Rookie

12.5.5 update created buzzing Onn 70" tv

Hello,

I am certain that the 12.5.5 update that happened on my tv on 1/24 caused a buzzing now in my Onn tv. I do not believe this is a hardware issue.

Any others out there have this buzzing on your tv recently? 

Is there any way I can get a pre build file before 12.5 to load and test?

7 REPLIES 7
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: 12.5.5 update created buzzing Onn 70" tv

Hi @beg0838,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing with the buzzing sound on your Roku TV. Would you mind elaborating more on your concerns? Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? Could you also tell us the specific troubleshooting steps you have taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we'll be able to assist you further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
beg0838
Reel Rookie

The buzzing is with all channels and it started from the 12.5.5 update that happened week of January 24th.

I have troubleshot all possible audio and image settings to get the buzzing to go away but it does not. 

nothing jarred the tv or no power surges. I am certain this was caused by the update. And would like to know when the next 12.5.6 or next patch is coming out.

i do not want to invest in another tv if the roku forced update caused the issue

Tha k you,

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @beg0838,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!
We want to investigate further this issue that you're having with Roku TV. Can you please provide the following information below?

• Do you have any other device(s) connected to your TV? (e.g., speakers and another sound system)
  • Does this issue occur when you're trying to watch a channel or when Roku TV is on?
  • Could you send us a video clip regarding the problem?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
beg0838
Reel Rookie

Thanks John,

I am really hoping to find out if there is a date for the next patch to see if that corrects the issue that started with the 12.5.5 that I received week of 1/24

nothing is plugged into the tv and I am certain it would be said it is a hardware issue. But if I could revert to before 12.5.5 to 12.5 which was released in the Fall I wonder if it would still be the same.

thanks and if you have a date for a new patch or update that would be great.

thanks

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for the added information, @beg0838.

Firstly, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and appreciate your cooperation as we gather more information and clarifications to try and assess the audio issue you've experience after the latest software update. 

Would you be able to clarify if the buzzing sound you've heard occurs when your ONN Roku TV is powered on without opening or streaming any channels? If you can provide us with a video clip of it for reference that would help us investigate your TV further. 

We'll be looking forward to your response as we are more than eager to find and provide you with an accurate resolution. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Loud410

Have your issue been fixed and what steps did you take 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Loud410,

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having issues with your Roku TV.

Could you provide us with the following details requested by the moderators in the above posts? We'd like to look closely into this. For initial troubleshooting steps, we would recommend a system restart on your device.

Please let us know what you find out.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos