Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TVUser4691
Binge Watcher

11.5 Update: Roku TV connection and streaming issues

Our TCL Roku TV has not been working properly since the 11.5 update last week. It freezes, refuses to load apps, buffers constantly, and sometimes just drops the WiFi connection entirely. We have rebooted everything, done a factory reset, but still nothing has fixed this. Roku customer service agents have not been able to fix the issue, though they say they are aware of this impacting many users. Super frustrated by the "update" that made everything worse!

21 REPLIES 21
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: 11.5 Update: Roku TV connection and streaming issues

Hi @TVUser469

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

Please provide us with the following information for further investigation:

1. Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  2. Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  3. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  4. Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

same...

tcl and sharp televisions.

LRR3

My guests at our cabin are reporting an issue with guest mode prompting them to reconnect to wifi, enter check out date and then prompts them to start the process all over.  I'm wondering if this is part of the same issue.  Any word on when this may be resolved?

0 Kudos
Isturt

Our tv is having the same issue will not power on just a black screen. Unable to do any reset. Tv appears to have power but will not boot up. The tv is a tcl 50

0 Kudos
Dcheney

We are having this exact problem. Yesterday the Roku channel came up blank, black and today nothing will download. Just wondering if we get a refund for the days lost.

0 Kudos
Dcheney

Is there a customer service number we can call?

0 Kudos
DeltagGal65
Reel Rookie

That is about the same time my sound went wacko.  It is constantly trying to go louder and louder like it is "stuck".  First I tried to see if it were the remote.  Nope, the TV keeps wanting to increase the volume.  

I had a soundbar already, so installed it and now I can control sound as a work around, but the icon for the sound is still there, in the top right hand corner saying 100.  How do you get rid of that???

I hate this - a new update to fix all our problems need to get these things resolved.

PS - I've done factory resets, unplugged everything for 24 hours.  Rebooted AGAIN, nothing will make it stop.  It's like it is "stuck" in volume up.

PS las TCL TV I'll be purchasing if this can't be resolved in an update.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

In order for us to investigate the issue, we will need more detailed information. Can you please provide the information that @RokuKariza-D requested in her post above?

Once we have more details about the issue you are experiencing, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to look into further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I am having a similar issue after updating to 11.5 where the Roku TV (Hisense) often disconnects from Wifi . Software version 11.5.0 build 4235-AF.

0 Kudos