Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jesuslangarica
Reel Rookie

problem with Roku Express 4K+ and Westinghouse

I install A new Roku Express 4K+ in my old Westinghose VR-5585DFZ . It is working OK but the power on and off and the volume are not working in the new Roku. I try to finish the setup several times , but even  recognize it as westinghouse model, do not take control over this acctions.

I will appreciate any help

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: problem with Roku Express 4K+ and Westinghouse

Hey @Jesuslangarica,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're running into with your Roku device and we're very sorry to hear of the troubles.
We recommend to check this article for more info on how troubleshoot the power and volume not working with your Roku device: Why is my Roku® voice remote not controlling power and volume on my TV?

If the issue persists, let us know, and we'll further assist you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Jesuslangarica-

Westinghouse got out of the TV business years ago.  Since then the tradename has been licensed by a succession of different Asian manufacturers, so there is probably no one definitive answer for Westinghouse sets in general.

See if the suggestions in this thread help:  https://community.roku.com/t5/Remotes/Remote-wont-control-my-Westinghouse-tv/td-p/767566

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Jesuslangarica
Reel Rookie

Thank You, fot give me the idea to try with another tv brands. After try with the letter "A" at the end, in the Brand AVOL, finally it works.

0 Kudos
alikhan

The Eye of Anubis and the Anubis House Symbol

The Eye of Anubis and the Anubis House symbol are both references to the TV show "House of Anubis."

"The Eye of Anubis" is a significant symbol within the show. In Egyptian mythology, Anubis is the god associated with death and the afterlife. The Eye of Anubis represents his watchful and protective presence. In the context of the show, "The Eye of Anubis" is an ancient artifact that holds a central role in the storyline.

The Anubis House symbol refers to the emblem or logo associated with the Anubis House, which is a boarding house featured in the TV show. The symbol typically includes an image of Anubis, the god of death, often represented as a jackal-headed figure. The Anubis House symbol is used to represent the fictional location and the characters associated with it.

0 Kudos

I replaced my outdated Westinghouse VR-5585DFZ with a new Roku Express 4K+. The new Roku's volume control and power on/off buttons do not function, yet it functions normally. I attempted to complete the setup, but I could not control these actions even after identifying the Westinghouse model.

I would appreciate any assistance.

0 Kudos