Community discussions

Connect with other Roku users to learn more about streaming, cord-cutting, finding your favorite content, or talk about the latest entertainment happenings. It's all on Roku!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
optikhog
Level 13

Re: Roku Has Long Moved On From All Of You

@matrevino72 wrote:

Well seems like you wasted your time either way ranting or not, As anyone can plainly see this is not a "support forum" its a community forum meaning it for the community to communicate amongst one another to try and help with problems an solutions that other people have run into and figured out, if you just happen to get a "Roku employee" to answer a question, its probably because they were bored and wanted to waste some time, they are not obligated to "support" a community forum.

Did I argue otherwise?  Can you point out where I did?

0 Kudos
Marissa09
Level 7

I don't think the complaint is about the growth and more about the lack of customer service. I have been trying to find an answer to a problem and have yet to find anyone who can help me. Roku's customer service is non-existent. I was directed to articles and the community to answer my question.

0 Kudos
Iona-D
Level 14

All things under the sun must live and grow.  Especially so do Corporations as they are so depended on growing more dollars.  Or die.

The customer base is not really part of this Corporate growth cycle anymore as they already spent their money and it's lining the Corporation's coffers.  At best they are only on the sidelines with their loss leader products.  Nothing personal.

Xenophobic?  Riches know no lines or borders.

@optikhog wrote:

That's a pretty xenophobic post.  Weird that you'd be upset that a company would want to grow.

0 Kudos
Iona-D
Level 14

Over the years that I used the products from Roku, I posted many, I believed and others have too, many observations and solutions posts which I discovered and successfully applied to all my devices.  I pretty much covered everything I cared to say here.  I eagerly await my turn to get the much needed Covid 19 vaccination as to rejoin the REAL world once again.  And leave behind this broken record online social media one except to order something or pay bills as I did before the pandemic.  All this bickering and personal attacks here and elsewhere is becoming more stale each day.  A simple reminder that this and other forums out there is this is an entertainment diversion, nothing more.  As even Roku itself states each time you read or post something here (and seem to not see at all):  "............Connect with other Roku users to learn more about streaming, cord-cutting, finding your favorite content, or talk about the latest entertainment happenings. It's all on Roku!..........."  Where is it written the contributing posters are supposed to volunteer major problem solving here or take the place of what should be paid employees that should assist the confused and unauthorized and unlawful bank withdrawals from the trusting?  NOWHERE HERE FROM ROKU ITSELF. 

I read the latest news feeds about the real underlying reasons why people are adopting Roku and other streaming devices and televisions.  I always find this sort of mass adoption of a new technology so interesting as a former social scientist.   I also know how fast people change to something else that the latest fad or tech product to grab.   People are so fickle, predictable and sometimes really clueless.  Like buying tennis shoes for hundreds of dollars made by child labor for pennies.  Or wear uncomfortable ill fitting clothes because some nitwit "designer" says so?  I am rambling here a bit but it doees not change the fact that Roku will go DIVX someday.  Then this forum will be moot for sure!

0 Kudos
CasperSmokes
Level 7

Poor thing must have hit his/her head. Sweetie you’re brains not working the way it should, you’re not making any sense. you should get it checked out by a license medical professional. Best of luck!

Alphaturtle
Level 8

I'm just here for the delightfully comical replies. 😂

Yep.  Bought two of the Roku Ultra units several weeks ago.  Set them up without a hitch.  Everything works flawlessly.  It is too bad my web provider can't keep up with the promised Internet speed, but the Roku equipment performs as promised.  

dfun470
Level 9

I feel for you, man.  I was up at my cabin the weekend of the elite eight, and our internet was up and down. The game would stop after a few minutes for a random amount of time. What a drag...  before that I had only seen my systems buffering a dozen or so times in half a year.

As far as Roku's customer support, I guess if you make a device which truly is plug and play on say 90% of all Tv's, it would be easy to drop your support staff, as any issues that come up are likely to be so Bizzaro, you wouldn't be able to figure them out either.

demsd
Level 13

@Iona-D wrote:

Does not matter.  I simply wrote a essay (you remember essays from school, don't you?) to stop repeating the same thing over & over again.

"Roku. is no longer a USA based  corporation.  Plus it is a super cheap one.  So no more Phone Call Centers, Live Chat, or anything else requiring a huge USA based employees."

That's it.  The end.  I have something now I can quickly link to so I don't have to repeat myself endlessly over and over again for people who don't read previously posted replies..  Pure convenience for me.  Not intended for you, demsd or whatever.  Not an accurate reply at all.

That wasn't an essay. It was a rant from a complaining hater.

40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos
demsd
Level 13

@dathead2 wrote:

Good luck calling those numbers and getting anything useful.  Not possible.  Meanwhile the company is worth over a billion dollars.  That’s right BILLION.   Would take only 10% of that at best to resolve these massive issues everyone has.   Well now it’s worth 1.947 billion as the stock popped another 9.47% today so the board of chairman’s is fat and happy.  Meanwhile many folks are shoving batteries in their remotes daily and rest of us are now using a Media Player that is broken. 

I don't have any issues. I have 2 Roku TVs and a couple Roku Ultra's and I haven't had to change batteries in over a year. Perhaps your meaty appendages are mashing the buttons too much.

40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos