Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku HD streaming player stuck on black screen

Hello so i recently pirchased a Roku HD streaming player and i followed the instructions and plugged everything in correctly and the Roku screen popped up where the letters are bouncing around and after that its just a black screen, when i click the buttons i can here the sounds but its just stuck on a black screen.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku HD streaming player stuck on black screen

First, we have no idea what model Roku you just purchased. There was a "Roku HD" player, but that was 11 years ago and that player is no longer supported. You should see the model number printed on the case somewhere, or it should be on the box the Roku came in.

The next question is what is the make/model of TV you are connecting the Roku to. Some early TVs with HDMI jacks didn't actually support 1080p or 720p signals, which are the only two resolutions available from today's Roku players (other than the 4K models which also support 2160p). 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku HD streaming player stuck on black screen

Hi Community users,

We will be locking this thread because of its outdated status. If you are still having issues related to this thread, please look through the Community for another thread that addresses the same problem. If there aren't any existing threads, you are more than welcome to create a new one.

Best regards,
Roku Community Team

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos