Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
redhundred

Roku 4400 no longer supported

Jump to solution

I have set it up already stop trying to force me to spend more money.Im a Retired Senior with NO extra Money around Im on a fix income and I will cancel this subscription and find another provider if Roku try and change the format once more.Im seeing it clear that yall are scammers too.You start out great.its only been 1 month sense I started paying you guys now you asking for more money.I keep things the way they are if you change it then I WILL CANCEL.PS I had it on Person and Packages PUT IT BACK or loose a customer

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: The upgrades Roku are pushing to get more money

Jump to solution

Hi there!

The Roku 4400 was released in 2015 and is now deprecated. Customers should see some offers under their account at http://my.roku.com/offers to upgrade to a new device. 

A member of our customer support team will reach out directly so they can help! 

Thanks!

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Roku itself has no subscription fee.  What specifically are you paying for?  There are subscription services on Roku, as well as non-subscription/no-fee services, so you can pay as much or as little per month as you choose.  Ie: $0 per month is quite possible if you’re willing to watch commercials.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@redhundred You need to provide some more information. Roku itself doesn't charge for anything. You can subscribe to different services through Roku, and the charge statement would indicate a payment through Roku. But first, you need to log into your Roku user account (https://my.roku.com) and check for any subscriptions through Roku. If you find something you don't want, you can cancel it right there, and you won't get any future billings. You can't get any refund, as it was an authorized subscription (even if you didn't realize you did it). 

However, what if you don't see anything listed on your Roku user account? If that is the case, you have been scammed, but not by Roku. Thieves have acquired your credit card information and are submitting bogus charges and using Roku's name to try to make it look legitimate. So check your user account carefully, and if you don't see an authorized subscription you need to take action. First, contact your credit card provider and contest the charges. Then, ask them to cancel your CC and issue you a new card with a new number. The scammers have your information and will continue to attempt to falsely charge you, so that card needs to be replaced. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Nomorerocu

Jump to solution

The devices. Duh... can't watch hulu anymore on my 4400, same day as my roku tv miraculously started losing vertical sync. SCAM!!! 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Nomorerocu wrote:

The devices. Duh... can't watch hulu anymore on my 4400, same day as my roku tv miraculously started losing vertical sync. SCAM!!! 

I can't speak to your Roku TV. Those are all built by different manufacturers with different components. As far as the 4400, it's been explained multiple times here that it is a player that uses a chipset that no other Roku has ever used, it didn't sell in large numbers, and for a 4K player it is lacking one major feature that makes it almost worthless for 4K. It doesn't support HDR in any form, and that is a critical loss for 4K playback. The 4400 is almost eight years old, and being such a one off player Roku has apparently decided to drop support for it. And because Roku has dropped support, Disney will no longer support the 4400 on their services (Hulu, Disney+, etc.)

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Hi there!

The Roku 4400 was released in 2015 and is now deprecated. Customers should see some offers under their account at http://my.roku.com/offers to upgrade to a new device. 

A member of our customer support team will reach out directly so they can help! 

Thanks!

Happy Streaming!

0 Kudos