Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pairing fail during setup

I was gifted a roku streaming stick 4k. During the initial setup I am stuck on the pair your remote screen. The two devices are 1 foot apart and just flash. What else can I try besides changing the batteries and rebooting the stick?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Pairing fail during setup

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Billfilejr1!

Thank you for reaching out about pairing your Roku remote to your Roku Streaming Stick 4K. We'd be happy to assist you with this.

Can you please confirm what specific remote was with the Roku player? Is this the remote that comes with it? You can refer to our support article to help you Identify your remote. Also, do you notice any blinking lights when you're trying to pair your remote? 

In the meantime, reset your remote by pressing and holding the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds. Pair it again to see if this will make any difference.

Let us know how it goes and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.