Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DeDub
Reel Rookie

Hulu keeps going back to the Roku Home Screen

Jump to solution

What is the fix? Still doing it

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: ROKU reverts to Home Screen near top of the hour. How do I fix this?

Jump to solution

Hi Roku Commmunity!

Please be aware that we believe this issue is now resolved.

The channel provider has recently published an update that should help with the issue you are experiencing. At this time, we invite you to check for a channel update by navigating and selecting the Hulu channel and pressing the * button > Check for updates to make sure you have the most recent version of the channel.

Then once your channel has been updated, seeing if you are still experiencing an issue with the channel crashing.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
259 REPLIES 259
riddlegrad
Streaming Star

Hulu App reverts to home screen

Jump to solution

Have Roku Premier 4620X and this just started recently that when I am looking at local channel on Hulu Live App that it reverts back to Main App screen and I have to choose the Hulu App again to view the channels on the Hulu app. Have the latest software updates, have removed the channel and re-added etc.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Hulu App reverts to home screen

Jump to solution

When problems are confined to a particular channel, it may be that the channel did not install correctly, has received a faulty update, or has subsequently gotten corrupted. A reinstall of the channel to get its latest version may fix the problem, so that is the first thing I would try. Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.
  2. Press * key on the Roku remote and choose Remove channel option.
    [Note: If this channel is one for which you have a paid subscription through Roku, there will be a "Manage subscription" option instead of a "Remove channel" option. Click this and follow the prompts to cancel your subscription. Now the "Remove channel" option will be shown and you can proceed to remove the channel. (Your subscription will continue to run for the rest of the prepaid subscription period, but will no longer auto-renew at that point. After re-installing the channel you can reinstate your subscription to restore its auto-renewal if you like.)]
    This will remove the channel from ALL Rokus linked to this Roku account.
  3. IMPORTANT- IF YOU SKIP THIS STEP YOU MAY NOT GET A CLEAN RE-INSTALL:
    Restart the Roku to clear its memory. Depending on your Roku model and Roku version number you'll find the System restart option under either Settings > System > Power or under Settings > System. Repeat on any additional Rokus linked to this Roku account.
  4. Reinstall the channel to your Roku account via the Roku Home page Streaming Channels menu option. This will install the channel on all Rokus linked to this Roku account.

Notes:
    • The channel will be added to the END of each Roku's channel grid.
    • The Roku on which you performed the reinstall should get the installation immediately.  On other Rokus linked to this Roku account you may need to force an update to get immediate installation via Settings > System > System update.  Otherwise, it should be installed when each Roku does its daily check for updates.
    • If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.

If the problem persists at this point, it typically means the current version of the channel app has a problem that must be addressed by the channel itself as they are the ones that create the Roku-compatible version of their app and provide it to Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos

Re: Hulu App reverts to home screen

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue while using Hulu Live. Does anyone have a resolution?

riddlegrad
Streaming Star

Re: Hulu + Live App reverts to home screen

Jump to solution

Thanks for the response but that did not solve the issue as it reverts back to the home screen of the Hulu app after thirty minutes, seems the version installed is version 6.7 build b1.

berin22
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Unplug Roku for 15 seconds! Was having similar issues and uninstalling reinstalling does nothing to properly reset the HARDWARE! Kind of tired that ROKU support doesn't even list a full stop HARD Reboot as a potential troubleshooting step.. Its all don't look at the man behind the curtain. I love my Roku products! Just wish support would consider the fact that most of these issues are occurring in units that are plugged in 24/7

Hulu App returns to the main page

Jump to solution

I recently noticed that when I am viewing a local channel on the Hulu Live App for Roku Premier 4620X, the app switches back to the Main App page and I must select the Hulu App once again in order to see the channels. possess the most recent software upgrades, have the channel deleted and added, etc.

0 Kudos
RokuArvyS
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @riddlegrad
Thanks for posting in the Roku Community! We're sorry to hear about the experience, this is not what we aim for. Let's work on it. We'd like to know what troubleshooting steps you've taken so far to resolve your issue. Have you tried to power cycle your Roku device after the update?
We're looking forward to your response so we can investigate further.

Regards,
Arvy

Marc
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Hulu App returns to the main page

Jump to solution

Hi @kanyenewmerch2,
Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with your Hulu channel. You seem to have done a great deal of fantastic troubleshooting at this point, but no worries, help is here. We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but will need more details. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • How are you powering the Roku device

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate support team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
berin22
Channel Surfer

Hulu keeps going back to the Roku Home Screen

Jump to solution

How about you follow all your troubleshooting guides we have gone along with... I mean your instructions were quite clear.. Uninstall, hard reboot(literally just restarting your tv from system menu) reinstall.... FACTORY RESET.... (Going off the deep end) I had paid for a movie rental and it kept booting me out before even the Logos were off the screen.. then to have to log back in... only to have THE SAME EXACT ISSUE.. I saw it on a youtube video 15 seconds in length of someone just unplugging the **bleep** thing.. thought "Whats the worst that could happen?" Low and behold it worked.. I did not do a factory reset.. I don't even think I needed to uninstall the app even.. went through more than 20 minutes of pain.. a 3yo wanting to watch the movie just as much as I did and an upset Wife who made the purchase feeling like she somehow messed it up.. when I COULD HAVE JUST UNPLUGGED IT FOR 15 SECONDS!!! I get that you have a process.. but spare me and ask why are we making people do the longer troubleshooting steps first?!?!
And why isn't this the first suggestion simply due to how easy it is????!