Community discussions

Connect with other Roku users to learn more about streaming, cord-cutting, finding your favorite content, or talk about the latest entertainment happenings. It's all on Roku!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I contact a customer Support

Jump to solution

As the ordinary ones, aren't they? It seems, setting allow to do it.

0 Kudos
QueeneGreene
Level 8

Re: How do I contact these people? Phone or chat AND Replacement Remote Doing Same Thing

Jump to solution

Hello Roku Danny-R

We were thrilled when Roku replaced our 6 month old Roku Voice Remote Pro that was experiencing severe static noise when trying to use the included earphone (btw...we bought this specific remote because we have babies and can't use the regular volume every night). Unfortunately and sadly the replacement Voice Remote Pro that we just received a couple of days ago has the VERY SAME issue.  Just so you know it's not background static, but rather the static coming from the remote is so loud user is unable to hear any sound (dialogue/music) from the TV.  It's that loud.  Can anyone help us?

Thanks a million.

Queene

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: How do I contact these people? Phone or chat AND Replacement Remote Doing Same Thing

Jump to solution

@QueeneGreene

Thanks for the post.

If you are still experiencing an issue with the replacement remote that our Support team sent you, we would recommend continuing to work with our Support team as they would best be able to assist you moving forward.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Iona-D
Level 14

When You Feel That Roku Does Not Wish To Talk To You Directly Anymore: Read This!

Jump to solution

Over and over gain, people post their complaints about the lack of real-time communication options Roku does not offer.  When you feel neglected read this below:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/11/26/business/frontier-airlines-customer-service-...

This is the way many to soon most corporations deal with their customers.   

So the next time you get angry with Roku over their products/services or especially issues that need some sort of human guidance they offer and find out there is no phone center to call, even Chat for the most part available, this is the way every corporation is either now at, or soon will be.  

Sad, but true as we asked for lower prices.  And labor is the most costly part of any company both small and large.  It subtracts greatly from profits.  So the Company subtracts from their payroll.

I do not like this new reality anymore than you do, but there was a trade-off made over the years and now the consumer has to live with the consequences.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: When You Feel That Roku Does Not Wish To Talk To You Directly Anymore: Read This!

Jump to solution

Sad but true.

Reminds me when grocery stores put in automatic checkout lines.  Basically stores were telling you to get your food, ring it up, bag it, and get out of my store.  No time for chit chat.  Next!

Too many of these businesses fail to realize that good customer service is what usually sets them apart and is a decisive factor in a field of similar products.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660x, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941
Iona-D
Level 14

Re: When You Feel That Roku Does Not Wish To Talk To You Directly Anymore: Read This!

Jump to solution

You are so right.  I too grew up in a world that interacted live with another human being was a given.  Now not so much if at all.

Before this post probably will shut to down any more comments or questions eventually for whatever reason(s)-(and that famous purple Reply tab disappears), let me add a few more tips which I already posted elsewhere that I found to be useful for most any online originating problem or issue occurs, you will be able to handle on your own.  I have been doing these tips for a number of years and I prevented many to most of the problems I encounter in my day to day personal and business activities both here on Roku and elsewhere.  

I buy my appliances and the like only through proven stores (online and brick and mortar) which has a most liberal refund or exchange for their products.  I choose the retailer(s) which offers  as much time as possible from the original sale to the expiration date of anywhere from 1 to 3 months.  Plus I especially gravitate toward the ones which adds some sort of tech support too.  I usually have no problem with my purchases.  But if I did, I don't depend on the original manufactorer to support their products outright.  I have not done this for a very long time.  Waste of time and emotional upset on my part otherwise.  Similar for service providers, too.  If both still have a real time English speaking phone call center (USA based ones a plus!), they'll have my business for sure!  Bare minimum is real time human powered Chat options.  Email is not an real option for fast real genuine communication or especially human guided support. Email is so 1990s in this new era.   If not offered, I simply look elsewhere.  And I never had any problems finding alternatives either.  They are still out there.  You just have to be a bit pickier.

I use forums just for some nice assortment of tips and general socialization chit-chat time.  I don't like to depend on them for critical problem solving or product failures.  That really should be done elsewhere in real meaningful interactions with another real live breathing human being at the other end at the same time..  Just remember to support them with your hard earn currency and repeat business. 

Your vote really does count here!

0 Kudos
Iona-D
Level 14

Jump to solution

**Unexpected Update:**

Well, it's done. Today I actually practiced what I preached above.

I bought a Mini Rice Cooker from a well known brand late last month. While the size and shape (even it's color) was as described online, the electric base wiring was defective. So this Sunday morning, I took it back to a equally familiar big box retailer's brick & mortar physical store even though the actual sale originated online on their official website.

No problem returning it. This retailer (which is an official Roku retailer as well) is one of my own  choices of preferred retailers that have an really customer supportive exchange/refund policy which I outlined above.

So the next time you buy anything, not just anything Roku, but any purchase which impacts your life directly.........just make a good choice for yourself. Before I returned the unit, I contacted the Rice Cooker's manufacturer call center (which is based in the continental US, too-the extra plus I mentioned above!). This eliminated just returning it without actually exhausting every other potential possible reason for that awful smell coming from that unit. That is why Roku should consider bringing back it's real time Phone Center. Or at the very least, real time Chat.

Think about it.

0 Kudos
puss
Level 7

how do you get a real person to help you with your problem this isin't fair

Jump to solution

why can't i chat with someone about my account or anything else

puss
Level 7

Re: how do you get a real person to help you with your problem this isin't fair

Jump to solution

you cann ot speak with anyone it is so impersonal it appears that roku doesnt care wht going on 

0 Kudos
Jamaicangal
Level 7

How to speak to live agent.

Jump to solution

Follow these steps...

👇🏿👇🏿👇🏿👇🏿👇🏿👇🏿👇🏿👇🏿

*Company

*Contact us

*Roku support

Agent *support-check *support option

Account *access- if u still need assistance