Community discussions

Discover Roku questions and answers directly from the community. Find help, troubleshooting tips, how-tos, and make sure you know the latest announcements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Emissary35
Roku Guru

Re: [Discussion] Now need to verify I am a human by Cloudflare???

I'm still getting the extremely annoying captcha pictures to click when I try to login to this forum on Firefox. Even though I first got the new cloudflare box, which I checked off and it succeeded. After that when I type in my email and password instead of letting me login it starts with the BS captcha images.

And it sends me though several of them because it keeps saying 'try again' as if I failed. But I selected each box correctly every time, it's not that hard. Why am I still getting captcha images if Roku no loner uses it and I'm getting the cloudflare box? It's also acting as if the capchas fail even though they didn't so it's not even working correctly!

I've already cleared everything from my Firefox browser, history, cookies, cache so that's not it, it's still doing it. Roku must still have it on their site if it keeps bombarding me with these captchas every time I try to login on Firefox, but it never does it on Chrome! What is going on?

Somebody come up with some answers please! This is extremely annoying to have to deal with every time I try to login on Firefox!

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: [Discussion] Now need to verify I am a human by Cloudflare???

Yeah, I use Chrome on my computers and my phone and I haven’t seen a Capcha in probably a month at least. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Quevellan
Binge Watcher

Re: Annoying Sign In Captcha - Fails To Let You Sign In After Multiple Attempts!

FYI - If your not already aware, you should really look into the BRAVE Web Browser - which has many of the best features of Chrome and Firefox combined and auto configured - kinda the best of both.

https://brave.com/

Firefox is wonderful in many ways with hordes of Plug-In Apps to extend it, such as NoScript, AbBlock, uBlock Origin, as now others do too.  They have their own config's to review if a page works in one and now the other.   Brave come with several of these features auto pre-configed & user changeable.

0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

So Now I Must 'Verify By Email' To Login To The Roku Community?

I just tried to login and instead of the Cloudflare check box I got a page saying an email was sent to me. That I must open and click a verification link in order to be able to login here. I am NOT dealing with email verification every time I need to login.

This nonsense is getting out of control! First the annoying captcha pictures and now this? Just put it back to the simple check the Cloudflare box for verification, if that isn't good enough tough! I can guarantee you nobody is going to want to check their email and click a verification link every time Roku logs them out!

OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Re: So Now I Must 'Verify By Email' To Login To The Roku Community?

I have never seen that before. I use Firefox on my android phone. When I use my windows laptop using edge I've never seen that before.

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Trying to use Firefox on my phone, I get the Cloudflare. Then when I want to log in, I have to verify my email. Get the same with Edge and Chrome on the phone.No issues with the regular computer earlier today.

I hope this is just a bug and not more paranoia over Spam.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

Until Roku fixes/tailors this email verification, go to one of your Roku devices and under Settings/System/About take note of the last 5 digits of your device ID.

When the email verification pops up, select "use alternative method" and then just enter the required 5 digits it asks for. (for those that do not clear their history, this number will likely be saved under autofill for future logins.).

Annoying, yes - but not as annoying as having to verify by your email address.

---

You would think that a company that does internet streaming could figure out how to create/implement an easy, working login system to an internet forum.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Emissary35
Roku Guru

Clicking the Cloudflare checkbox was simple, easy and not annoying. That in conjunction with your email address and password should be enough. What Roku is doing now is just being ridiculous. You should not have to type in device IDs or verify by email at all! I hope the person who implemented this nonsense is forced to verify everything by email links so they can experience the complete annoyance of this idiocy!

0 Kudos
atc98092

Annoying, yes. But I have to point out I haven't seen any spam since this was implemented. With the Cloudflare check they were still getting through. Even the annoying Captcha images didn't stop them.

I realize Roku is caught between a rock and hard space trying to stop the spammers. But I hope they can find something that isn't quite so annoying for legitimate users. 

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
andyross
Roku Guru

And the home computer now does this. THIS IS GOING TOO FAR!!! Over the past year, between the forced "Continue Watching" and other CONTEMPT-OF-CUSTOMER garbage, I have gone from calling them the best streaming devices and company, to THE WORST!

Until someone posts on this thread that what I consider SPAM from them every time I try to log in after what seems like a 10-20 minute timeout, I will NO LONGER be visiting these forums. If this extends to their main web site to do any checking or similar, I may just get rid of my Roku's entirely!!