Community discussions

Discover Roku questions and answers directly from the community. Find help, troubleshooting tips, how-tos, and make sure you know the latest announcements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: So Now I Must 'Verify By Email' To Login To The Roku Community?

@andyross wrote:

after what seems like a 10-20 minute timeout, 

The timeout appears to be a bit more than two hours. I haven't seen any change in that recently. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Quevellan
Binge Watcher

*sigh* 

This is Increasingly Sad...   Specially on a Desktop / Laptop that may not be in same room as any Roku.

But, it is a slightly alleviating tip, So thx @AvsGunnar  - Heres a Kudo ...

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

@Quevellan 

This has nothing to do with Roku device itself, this has to with you signing into the Roku community forum, which you have to do on some kind of pc, tablet or cellphone. Your email account should just be a new tab away on that same device. 

Edmund

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

Problem with all these verifications is the time wasted.

Sign in to Roku --> then have to sign in to your email --> depending on your email, you may now have to sign into yet another email or wait for a text to verify that you are indeed trying to sign into your email just to get to the message verifying that you are attempting to sign in into Roku.

----

Kind of why it seems easier to memorize or save the 5 digit number of any Roku device for these logins.

----

It does now seem that the user experience (on both this forum and the Roku platform) is a secondary/backseat consideration for any objective that Roku is attempting to achieve at the time.  Does not seem to factor into their decisions all that much anymore.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

denhow
Roku Guru

Yeah my email inbox is usually just a tab away. But this still feels like an awkward extra obstacle to logging in.

At least they're being consistent. For a while now it has seemed like the Roku employees commenting here have never actually used a Roku. And now it looks like the people running this forum don't know what it's like to use the forum.

0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

The Roku moderators here don't have an original thought in their brains. All of their responses are the same, ask for serial numbers and software versions then copying and pasting the same troubleshooting steps over and over again that don't work. Even if they just pasted them in response to someone else in the same topic they'll do it again.

Now they've implemented this annoyance just to login, you should not have to go to another website to login into email just to login to this site. I don't care if 'it's just a tab away' it's ridiculous and completely annoying. The more time I spend using Roku and this forum the more I begin to loathe the entire experience.

0 Kudos
wildsprite
Roku Guru

Re: Annoying Sign In Captcha - Fails To Let You Sign In After Multiple Attempts!

brave uses the Chromium engine which is a build of webkit, Firefox uses the Gecko engine which is not the same. some of us prefer not to support the chromium monopoly. that being said I haven't had any issues with the cloudflare verification on firefox and I haven't seen Captcha for some time on my main computer. my annoyance is having to click a link in my email to sign in now. I would much rather have access to a 2FA token than that nonsense.

0 Kudos
DarSpi
Reel Rookie

Unable to Login to my dot roku dot com with Chrome or Edge Cloudflare in continuous loop

Apparently Cloudflare doesn't like Chrome or Edge for me to login my roku account or any other website that uses it's services. I'm stuck using Waterfox and then roku makes me go to my email to verify with an email link. Why isn't Cloudflare playing nice with Chrome or Edge? Like I alluded to this isn't the only website using Cloudflare that I've had the experience with in the last 24 hours. It just goes into an infinite loop. I've cleared the cache. Disable extensions (not a lot) rebooted the laptop and I still the the "Verifying you are human. This may take a few seconds" I don't get the Cloudflare at all.

0 Kudos
DarSpi
Reel Rookie

Re: Unable to Login to my dot roku dot com with Chrome or Edge Cloudflare in continuous loop

Solved my issue. I have Kamo by Piriform that I use as a VPN and I had do not track turned on for both the Edge and Chrome browsers. Turning off the Do Not Track let me log in to both websites using Cloudflare for authentication. I really had to dig through the oracle (google) to solve the issue.

0 Kudos