Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DL700
Reel Rookie

TCL refusal to support warranty

Jump to solution

For almost 2 months I have been requesting warranty on a 50S435 purchased on 5/30/21 for a screen issue creating poor picture quality. Five times a service person taking my call requested pictures of documents be sent for the warranty team to review. Each instance I was told they would get back to me in 24 hours. Emails were 'lost' or not received and apologies were made for problems related to Covid. Here is an earlier example:

Reminder 2: Warranty Claim US102xxxxxxxx    xxxx xxxx 50S4352  2     Wed, Oct 20 at 10:48 AM

TCL Customer Support
xxxxxx@xxxx

Dear xxxx,

This is related to your case # US102xxxxxxxx . We would like to follow-up the following documents required to process your warranty claim.

• A clear copy of your proof of purchase (Date of Purchase, Retailer's Name, Product Item, Price of the product, and Total Amount of the transaction should be readable and unobstructed).
• A picture or short video recording of the reported issue (output should be clearly visible unless it is a power-related issue).
• A picture of the white sticker at the back of the unit (image should clearly show the product's serial numbers).
We will not be able to process your warranty claim without these requirements

Feel free to reply to this email if you have any questions.

Thank you for choosing TCL!

Sincerely,

Your Customer Support Team
TCL North America

I do not expect TCL to honor their warranty. This time is being spent to alert others. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
timbereman
Reel Rookie

Re: TCL refusal to support warranty

Jump to solution

And how is Roku responsible for the problems with your TV display?  Roku merely supplies the code that makes up the user interface.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
timbereman
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

And how is Roku responsible for the problems with your TV display?  Roku merely supplies the code that makes up the user interface.

0 Kudos
DL700
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

And how is Roku responsible for the problems with your TV display?

TCL markets Roku TV, linked to the Roku site.

There is a cut and paste second October reply from TCL in my first post, below is the most recent, December, now TCL blames the pandemic.

Have purchased at least five large screen products from TCL, two in the last five months, and they refuse to consider a warranty issue. Use this information as a review when considering your next purchase.

-----------------------------

Date: November 2, 2021 at 11:00:54 AM EDT

Thank you for your email. We will review the warranty requirements you provided. Please Note: Due to recent global developments related to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have implemented strict precautionary measures to protect the health and safety of our communities and staff. During this challenging time of uncertainty, we are doing our very best to promptly assist all of our customers, but we do expect delays.

We value your business and appreciate your patience!

Subject

[External Sender]Warranty Claim US102xxxxxxxx   xxxx xxxx 50S435

Date Created: 11/02/2021 08:00 AM

Date Last Updated: 11/02/2021 08:00 AM

0 Kudos
optikhog
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Thanks, this is going to be a TCL issue, not a Roku issue.  For example, if you bought an HP laptop you would not get much help from Microsoft if the laptop won't turn on.  Same thing.

0 Kudos
timbereman
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Do you think we have him convinced of this yet?

0 Kudos
ukfigs
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

You are providing a somewhat trite response to the poster, I have a bricked TCL Roku TV from the 10.5 update and TCL and Best Buys response for the warranty is that it is a Roku software problem and Roku needs to fix it. The Roku software is more than just a GUI interface as the firmware update has impacted OTA channel performance, streaming processing performance, and many other operating system type of issues.

0 Kudos
optikhog
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

And how, exactly, would Roku repair a "bricked" tv from another manufacturer?

0 Kudos