Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swixon

Spotify not allowing multiple users from family account

Jump to solution

I added the Spotify "channel" to my Roku tv.  We have the Spotify family plan each with our own login ids/passwords.  I added my account without problem.  I haven't been able to add any other accounts either via QR code, using on screen instructions or using Spotify.com/pair.  I have also been "credentialed" using my Roku credentials.  What is happening?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Spotify not allowing multiple users from family account

Jump to solution

Hello @swixon

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Spotify's Support team to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @swixon

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Spotify's Support team to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Stevie12

Jump to solution

I understand that you're having issues with multiple users accessing your Spotify Family account. This can be frustrating, so let's troubleshoot the issue together.

Here are some common reasons why you might be facing this problem:

1. Simultaneous Streaming Limit: Spotify Family  plans allow for up to 6 simultaneous streams, but only one stream per account at a time. This means that if two users try to play music simultaneously from the same account, one of them will get an error message. Make sure each family member is using their own account to stream music.

2. Location Issues: Spotify Family plans are intended for people living in the same household. If family members are trying to access the account from different locations, it might trigger security measures and prevent simultaneous streaming.

3. Device Issues: Sometimes, glitches with the Spotify app or device can cause problems with streaming from multiple accounts. Try restarting the app or device, and make sure everyone is using the latest version of Spotify.

4. Account Management: Double-check that everyone in your family has been properly added to the Family plan and has received their invitation email. You can manage your family members through the Spotify website or app.

5. Account Restrictions: If you have children on your Family plan, they might have restrictions set on their accounts that prevent them from streaming simultaneously with other users. Check their account settings and adjust accordingly.

Here are some additional tips:

• Contact Spotify Support: If you've tried all of the above and are still having trouble, contact Spotify Support for further assistance. They can help you troubleshoot the issue and identify the specific cause of the problem.
  • Upgrade to Premium Duo: If you only have two people in your family, consider upgrading to a Premium Duo plan instead of Family. This plan allows for two simultaneous streams from different accounts and might be more suitable for your needs.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos