Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grafixguy
Streaming Star

Paramount Plus Dolby Atmos, 5.1 Audio and Dolby Vision and HDR video

Paramount Plus is without a doubt the worst app I've seen to date but they were actually starting to improve things a bit. Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos content was starting to show up but some time in the last week, that all went away. 

There is no HDR at all and many shows just have stereo audio.

All other apps that support these formats, such as Disney Plus and Apple TV+, are fine, so it's not the device (Roku Ultra 2020) and it's not my TV.

Their support is as bad as the app so I figured I'd throw it out here and see if anyone else is seeing any issues.

128 REPLIES 128
Uniform5
Channel Surfer

Re: Paramount Plus Dolby Atmos, 5.1 Audio and Dolby Vision and HDR video

I'm seeing the same issue.  I used to be able to get 4K HDR watching Paramount Plus, but since a few days ago, I no longer get HDR.  All the other streaming services that I have, Prime, HBO Max, VUDU, HULU still stream 4K HDR on my Roku Ultra.  However, when I check Paramount Plus using my Chromecast, I still get 4K HDR.  So it seems to be an issue with Paramount Plus and Roku.  An issue that started just a few days ago for some reason.  I tried deleting the app and restarting and update system on Roku, but still no 4K HDR on Paramount Plus.

grafixguy
Streaming Star

Nothing for me with Chromecast, but thanks for confirming.

0 Kudos
randys
Roku Guru

Same here...rebooted Roku and deleted and added app.

Still no HDR, I did a reboot of the modem/router but that didnt help.  Frustrating as I also sent them a pm at their Instagram account (Paramount plus help) so please go there and send them a message also.

0 Kudos
grafixguy
Streaming Star

Waste of time. They don't care; always asking for DM of details and then they just ignore it.

Uniform5
Channel Surfer

I don't have Instagram, but I did send an email to Paramount Plus over the weekend.  If I hear anything helpful from them, I will share here. 

0 Kudos
grafixguy
Streaming Star

Don't hold your breath. They pull the same on Twitter.

0 Kudos
randys
Roku Guru

I ordered a new 4k firestick just to see if it will work and if it does and this doesn't change I will have to return the Rokus.  The firestick is on sale.

0 Kudos
Uniform5
Channel Surfer

Just for your information, Paramount+ with 4K HDR worked on Roku for months.  This is a recent thing.  Hopefully, a temporary thing.  Firestick 4K may work really well for now, but the same thing could happen and 4K HDR could disappear. I wish Paramount+ customer service would hurry up and get back to me.

0 Kudos
grafixguy
Streaming Star

Well aware of that which is why I posted this, but it's worth mentioning that this app has been garbage since it was CBS All Access. Every episode of every show defaulted to stereo audio and you had to hit the * key and change it to Dolby Digital every time. 

Now? All new episodes of shows are defaulting to DD but older ones are stereo and you can't even change it. I'm not sure when that change occurred but it's annoying as **bleep**.

0 Kudos