Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
half_court34
Reel Rookie

Onn. Roku TV Stuck in a Software Update Loop

Jump to solution

The device starts up (I see the #Onn. Roku screen/animation) and I am presented with the welcome screen where I select my language. It checks my internet connection (I get two green check marks) and then it says that the software needs to be updated to continue.It updates the software (the progress goes up to 100%), restarts, and then the whole cycle starts all over again. There is no way for me to get out of the cycle and there are no other options for me to select. I’ve gone through the whole cycle countless times but there is no way out. I thought that maybe the internet connection was dropping during the update but that’s not the case since I’ve tried it with my hotspot

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Onn. Roku TV Stuck in a Software Update Loop

Jump to solution

If it's happening on your hotspot as well as your home network, then the TV is defective and you need to replace it. I had the same thing happen with an Insignia Roku TV, and swapped it for another at the same Best Buy I bought it from. The replacement worked fine, and still works fine more than four years later. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Onn. Roku TV Stuck in a Software Update Loop

Jump to solution

If it's happening on your hotspot as well as your home network, then the TV is defective and you need to replace it. I had the same thing happen with an Insignia Roku TV, and swapped it for another at the same Best Buy I bought it from. The replacement worked fine, and still works fine more than four years later. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos