Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
redappleone
Roku Guru

why is the add channel button grayed out?

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: why is the add channel button grayed out?

It wasn't grayed out for me and I was able to add it.  However, it has issues with the latest Roku v12.5 software.

The only reason I can think of for it to be grayed out is that you don't have a Roku device linked to your account that supports it, but that seems very unlikely.  What's the model number of your Roku device displayed under Settings->System->About?

My only other thought is that it's some kind of region issue, but it shouldn't even show up if it's not available in your region.

Try clearing your browser cookies, using a private or incognito browser window, a different browser altogether, or a different device altogether.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy

You're probably viewing the web page without logging into your account.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
redappleone
Roku Guru

i'm on v12.0

0 Kudos
redappleone
Roku Guru

the tcl model is 32S355

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Again, you are viewing the Channel Store on the internet via a web browser.  

Click on the 3-line icon in the upper right corner.  From the drop down menu that appears, click SIGN IN and log into your Roku account.   Until you are logged into your account, there is no account to add this channel app to.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
redappleone
Roku Guru

but i am logged into an account though

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

I would guess that this is due to your unsupported location. (Jamaica.)

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
redappleone
Roku Guru

but every time i go in and come out of the roku channel store pages they become unavailable to download again, why is this? is this not supposed to happen? and even the access code doesn't work, it just goes to the grayed out add channel button page.

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Access code?  Do you mean like a "private channel"?  Those went away some time ago.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos