Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WillnnAbel

why cant I switch youtube accounts on Roku Premier???

Jump to solution

why cant I switch youtube accounts on Roku Premier??? It will not use my youtube channel and upload my subscriptions... I cannot even find my youtube account on Premier.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: why cant I switch youtube accounts on Roku Premier???

Jump to solution

@WillnnAbel 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you tried signing out of your account in the Youtube channel, then signing back in with the other account that you wish to switch to?

For more information about that channel's authentication and functionality, you'll want to contact Youtube support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Youtube support here: https://support.google.com/youtube/?hl=en#topic=9257498

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@WillnnAbel 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you tried signing out of your account in the Youtube channel, then signing back in with the other account that you wish to switch to?

For more information about that channel's authentication and functionality, you'll want to contact Youtube support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Youtube support here: https://support.google.com/youtube/?hl=en#topic=9257498

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Caprwapido

Jump to solution

Challenge I'm having is that when I select "add Account" to switch nothing happens. It was able to switch between accounts before by simply selecting the profile pic in the Youtube TV app. Now nothing happens. The extra steps to sign out and sign in every time when switching was avoided before. Was there an update or something?

Thanks

#youtubetv

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Caprwapido  This is about YouTube. Not YouTube TV. There is no “add account” when using the YouTube TV channel. There is however switch accounts. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Caprwapido

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's authentication, features and functionality, you'll want to contact YouTube support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos