Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
redappleone
Roku Guru

web browser‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌

Jump to solution

is there a channel in the roku channel store that is a web browser

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: web browser‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌

Jump to solution

@redappleone wrote:

Sorry, there is not.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@redappleone wrote:

Sorry, there is not.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

redappleone
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

could there be one

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@redappleone wrote:

could there be one

Probably not one you'd want to use.  The circuitry and capabilities weren't designed for it.

Years ago there used to be one or two third party attempts but they didn't work worth a darn and died a quick death.  My Samsung smart tv came with a browser app that was next to unuseable.

I'd suggest browsing using the browser on a phone or tablet and mirroring or casting your device to the Roku tv.

0 Kudos
redappleone
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

do roku televisions and roku os have a built-in feature that allows me to browse the web

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@redappleone

Thanks for the posts.

As previously stated, Roku devices and TVs are not capable of web browsing.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Bom dia! 

Por favor alguem pode me ajudar a instalar um navegador Web na TV AOC Roku TV ?

0 Kudos
surfer11

Jump to solution

Is there any plan to offer one, even just to access a typed in URL rather than conduct a google search.  Vimeo will not cast to on live feeds from a "private" channel., like from my religious organization.

0 Kudos
Todd_N63

Jump to solution

This is one of the main reasons FireTV/Sticks out sell Roku.  I do not know why Roku will not allow web browsers besides total control.  It is too bad as the Roku is more responsive than the FireStick and the remote performs better, but without a web browser, these items are moot.  I am going to FireStick.

Rusty2465
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Will Roku ever put an web browser app in app store to allow last year's tv to search the web?