Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richalan
Reel Rookie

spontaneous Roku/spectrum resolution changes

My landlord suddenly cut our cable connection. I got Roku express running but with one major issue.

ALL channels in the Spectrum App keep changing resolution minute by minute. Shows go from razor sharp to unable to read text at the bottom of news/sports and then back - continually. [Audio not affected]

Happens at 720/1080/auto, regardless.

I have measured our internet at roughly between 45-60 Mbps so bandwidth should not be an issue.

Cannot find similar issue with Internet search.

No real problems with computer access over same WiFi network. At a loss for answers...

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: spontaneous Roku/spectrum resolution changes

@richalan

Thanks for the post.

Does this issue only occur within the Spectrum channel? Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
richalan
Reel Rookie

Re: spontaneous Roku/spectrum resolution changes - MORE...

As per internet suggestion - deleted everything except Spectrum [only thing(s) I watch], but no difference.

Deleted Spectrum app then reloaded but problems persist still.

Intermittent buffering, and picture resolution goes from perfect to pixilated/blury within seconds.

Spectrum Inet sped test shows 41+ Mbps bandwidth on my computer network (Spectrum, BTW) At the same time, Roku app lists signal strength as "fair" and download at 15Mbps (seen it as low as 6, and signal strength as "good")

I watch youtube videos on my MacBook with no problem.

Wondering if I need to boost signal strength local (in room?), or if more expensive Roku (I have Express) has better buffering for just 1080

(BTW, problems at 720/1080/auto, no difference)

Any further suggestions appreciated.

0 Kudos