Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound delayed on Live TV (only) - Hulu

Watching Live TV on via Hulu on Hisense 58in UHD 4K tv starts fine and as a few minutes pass the delay starts while watching say the News. If i back out of the Live show then go right back in sound is synced but the  delays again. Any fixes? I already tried a Factory Reset.

26 REPLIES 26
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: sound delayed on Live TV (only) - Hulu

Hi @drewilson04

Thanks for the post.

Does the issue only occur within Hulu or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel and then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Darwxn
Reel Rookie

Same exact tv and issue reporting in. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Greetings @Darwxn 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing.

We would be more than happy to look further into the issue, but will need more details about what you are seeing. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kel7er

This same issue has been happening a lot in the last couple months. Almost daily now..

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @Kel7er

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about your experience. We'd love to learn more about the issue occurring so we can best assist you. Could you provide the details requested posted by @RokuDanny-R?

We will be able to forward this information to the appropriate Roku team so they can investigate the issue further. We'll keep an eye on your response. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Bradleydcat
Reel Rookie

I have the same issue.  I just installed my Hisense Roku TV, and the sound delay only occurs on Hulu Live stations.  ALL live stations.  It only takes about 15-30 minutes to happen. However, as soon as you change stations or view the live guide and then go back, it goes away. ANNOYING!!. 

Model - 55U6 TV

Model - G219X - Roku TV

Serial - X01200UE3HFT

Device ID - S0AD42DE3HFT

Software Version - 11.5.0 build 4312-CH

Tracker ID - FT-153-917

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Bradleydcat

Thanks for the information provided.

I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Thanks again for your continued patience and understanding.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Darwxn
Reel Rookie

I wound up just returning the TV to Walmart 😕

0 Kudos
Bradleydcat
Reel Rookie

After doing some more trouble shooting, it seems to me that the "stations" that don't "re-sync" (when the screen goes dark for a second or two and I guess syncs video and audio) seem to be the stations that don't match the audio.  My previous Roku stick did this rather often and I always wondered why, but now I think that was what it was doing.  Out of the first 10 or so stations on live, I have found 2 that don't sync up.

0 Kudos