Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peterr5
Level 8

roku goes black while scrolling Prime

while scrolling on the roku in Prime, the screen will go black for 10 seconds at a time. This happens about every 3 minutes. While watching a program this does not occur. I have changed the HDMI ports, restarted the roku, restarted my TV with no change.

#3810CA - device model.
software version 10.5.0 build 4201-50

2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: roku goes black while scrolling Prime

@Peterr5 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried using another HDMI cable to see if you are seeing the same issue occur? For troubleshooting purpose, have you tried connecting the Roku device to another TV to see if you are experiencing the issue?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Peterr5
Level 8

Re: roku goes black while scrolling Prime

Thanks for the response,

I switched to a different TV (5 year old Sony) and the problem doesn't occur, it seems like it's it has to do with my new LG TV which wasn't a problem for the last 3 month before now.

This only happens when I'm scrolling on Prime and not Disney or any other apps

It come up with error code 020, I did the 4 steps that it suggest but it didn't resolve the problem.

Model 3810CA

Serial #YH006G99462

Software 10.5.0 build 4201-50