Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrPnut
Reel Rookie

"Video Format Not Supported" Error Message

Getting this error message on ALL Roku live channels and recorded programs on my TCL TV.  This just started happening and it doesn't affect any other sources like PBS or Amazon.  Have rebooted the TV and modem/router to no effect.  HELP!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: "Video Format Not Supported" Error Message

@MrPnut

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but need more details. Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-screenshots of what is happening on screen

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

The message just says not supported, I just installed a new roku express 4k to replace an older roku version

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@markbingh743381, you're going to have to give us a lot more information.  If all that's on your screen is "Not supported" that's probably coming from your TV.  If you're getting that message after you've completed the setup of the new Roku then tell us what's going on.

Do you have another TV where you can try the new Roku?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos