Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JLamar
Level 7

"The Roku Channel currently isn't available in your region" - need help

I just got Broadband internet and get an error message "The Roku Channel currently isn't available in your region"

I have the Roku Ultra. The error message shows when I try to access the Roku channel on my computer. The Roku Ultra does not play anything on the Roku channel.

My IP is 45.59.139.142 

JLamar

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: "The Roku Channel currently isn't available in your region" - need help

@JLamar, according to https://www.iplocation.net/ip-lookup you're either in the US or the Marshall Islands.  If you're in the US it should work; not so much in the Marshall Islands.  Are you physically in the US?  Are you using a VPN or anything that would mask your true location?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
JLamar
Level 7

I am physically in the US. And I am not using a VPN that mask my location. The new broadband company, which is the only broadband available to me, got a block of IP’s that were originally registered in the Marshal Islands, but they have been re-registered here in the US, so there should be no problem. But when I try to watch something on the Roku channel I guess it still thinks I am in the Marshal Islands, which I do not understand since my IP is now showing in Tallassee, AL. Wonder if Roku can check to see that their geolocation service is showing the correct location.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Those geolocation services aren't the best.  Ascertaining location based solely on IP address isn't an exact science.  It may take a while to get the new information about the block of IP addresses to propagate through the various services.  The one I used is just one of many and who knows what Roku uses.  I don't know if @RokuDanny-R can be any help here.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
JLamar
Level 7

Re: Geographical restrictions on model 3500R streaming stick ?

I have sent RokuDanny-R a message. I ask him if he could check the service Roku uses and if it is not updated, if there is anyway Roku can expedite it.

I noticed when I went to Where is my IP location? (Geolocation) this morning the services they selected are all now all showing the correct location. So hopefully by the end of today things will be back to normal.

Thanks

0 Kudos