Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DeltaDemon
Reel Rookie

"Streaming Channels" menu has disappeared from my Roku TV

Jump to solution

I've had a Roku device for years and purchased a second one as well.  The original device was mediocre (original version had a design flaw) but the new one is great.  So, I bought a Roku TV and it worked great.

If I wanted to explore channels, all I did was access the Streaming Channels menu and I could see a whole bunch of channels (1000) for movies (I can't remember the exact path to it but it was the Streaming Channels menu).  I turned on the TV today and could not find the menu to get to the list of channels.  So I searched the web and, sure enough, many sites told me to access the Streaming Channels menu.  But it isn't there anymore.  So I went on my ROKU device and, it also has the same problem.  It seems that a new update has removed the Streaming Channels from my menu so I can't just go browse a whole bunch of free channels to see what's available.  I'm stuck with the ones I have saved so far which is alot but I liked being able to browse.

Is there any way to add the Streaming Channels menu back in?  Alternatively, how do I get to the same menu where I can see a list of channels (1000 of them) and scroll to see which ones I want to add to my Roku device/Roku TV?

Note:  I don't have a cell phone so no go on using the mobile app and the web store has just a few channels to add compared to the thousands on the Roku device.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: "Streaming Channels" menu has disappeared from my Roku TV

Jump to solution

Hi @DeltaDemon,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about your concern with access to "Streaming Channels" not being available anymore. You can still actually access the same interface with the option in the menu called "Streaming Store" where thousands of movies are available to stream. It can be located by pressing the Home button and navigating down.

I hope this clarifies your concern. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further concerns or questions.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @DeltaDemon,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about your concern with access to "Streaming Channels" not being available anymore. You can still actually access the same interface with the option in the menu called "Streaming Store" where thousands of movies are available to stream. It can be located by pressing the Home button and navigating down.

I hope this clarifies your concern. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further concerns or questions.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DeltaDemon
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Nope.  The Streaming Store is not even remotely the same interface at all.  I only get to scroll through a few dozen channels of preset types (I don't care about movies, I care about channels).  It is not even remotely the same interface.  I would show you but the original better interface is gone.  The Streaming Store is **bleep** compared to the old one.  This new interface only gives me the most popular channels and, as far as I can see, mostly only the ones that you have to pay for...Very few free ones.  Completely useless.

Keep the new interface but bring back the old one as well so we have choice.

denhow
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Is this what you are looking for?

Streaming Store > Apps > Genres > Movies & TV [or some other genre category]

0 Kudos
DeltaDemon
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I thank you for your reply.

Yes, I had found it before posting here and it gives me a tiny list of 100 channels instead of a good list of 1000.  Out of 100 channels that it suggests, ~75 I already have and most of the rest are not free.  Before, out of the list of 1000, maybe 900 I did not have and more than half of those were free.  On top of that, every day the list was different (meaning there were more than 1000 channels but they only listed 1000 of them) so I could get a larger number of free channels by coming back to the list.

Again.  Thank you for your reply but this is typical of these companies.  They "improve" their product by making it a little bit prettier and take away essential functionality.  When you improve something the absolute most important thing is to ensure that you do not take away functionality.  The newest versions of Windows do that and now Roku.

I guess I'll keep the channels I have and hope they rectify this problem.