Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
germany
Binge Watcher

Re: "Maximum users streaming" message displays between episodes

Did you cancel and download from your tv screen? When I go to highlight on Brit box I’m not getting the option to cancel etc., only , “move channel”, “manage subscription” (clicked on that and it gives me torn off auto renew) or close. 

0 Kudos
germany
Binge Watcher

.... btw, not having issues with any of the free apps, only Brit box. Also have Netflix, but haven’t watched it lately, don’t know if it’s doing same thing there.

0 Kudos
JoJo1244
Binge Watcher

Its a ROKU issue. You need to cancel Britbox through ROKU and re-subscribe through the Britbox app. 

0 Kudos
JoJo1244
Binge Watcher

Its a ROKU issue. You need to cancel whichever is giving you the error message. And re-subscribe through the actual app. 

0 Kudos
JoJo1244
Binge Watcher

Its a ROKU issue. You need to cancel Britbox through ROKU and re-subscribe through Britbox

0 Kudos
JoJo1244
Binge Watcher

NOGGIN is doing the same....I dont have the option to "remove channel". 

0 Kudos
germany
Binge Watcher

The problem is of recent nature with a multitude of complaints regarding same paid subscriptions. I don’t have a Roku TV, but issue is across the board. Clearly an internal issue and “ generic” answers from community moderators is of no help. I am not comfortable giving detailed info (serial number etc.) about my device. Hello Roku Team???? Currently watching Netflix to see if problem persists there, but all is good, so far!!!

bookoo1944
Channel Surfer

You are getting a completely different message than the one I am getting.  I'm able to click on Britbox and open it fine.  I can choose the program I want to watch and open that fine.  I can even start playing the program without problems.  It's only when I finish the first and each successive episode that I start getting the "maximum users streaming" message and am locked up.  That's when a message comes up and says a bunch of junk then gives me the 2 options--"retry" or "close".  Nothing happens if I choose "retry" but when I choose "cancel" , the menu comes up that I always get when I start a program.  That's when I can click on "resume" and FINALLY get to the place I need to be.

RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! Community users,

We would be happy to look further into this issue, but we need more detailed information. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Please keep us posted on what you find out; we will happily continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
germany
Binge Watcher

Yes, I can open Brit Box from home screen, select show and it plays for awhile, then “ maximum users” message pops up. I, too get “ retry” or “ ok” option.  If I highlight Brit Box and push the *asterick /option menu button all I get is everything else except cancel or uninstall etc.,

0 Kudos