Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pkathleen63
Binge Watcher

Re: "Maximum users streaming" message displays between episodes

@RokuJohnB, John nothing has worked that everyone of the roku people has worked. I just canceled mine through roku and went right to the source,  and wala!!! No issues.

0 Kudos
ShellieD

For me, the issue is with the Hallmark Channel and the History channel. I have subscribed through RokuPay.

0 Kudos
biz1

Well, I have the same problem with BritBox thru Roku.   I decided it's because so many of us are subscribers thru Roku and in some way we are all appearing as the one account, the Roku account.  It was a special offer so I cancelled.   I did subscribe to Acorn on my own for several years with no problem.  I will never, ever subscribe to anything thru Roku again.   A few months ago Cord Cutters weekly told us of a special BritBox offer.  I subscribed, but was never able to access the channel thru Roku.  Every time I tried Roku attempted to sell me the channel.   

0 Kudos
Pkathleen63
Binge Watcher

@ShellieD @biz1 , see that was the problem I was having, going through roku, to tell ya, I won't do it anymore. I canceled both of those, downloaded the 2 and so far have not had any issues.

The roku people keep wanting to know all this stuff, what are you streaming from, serial numbers from the device your using. For what reason??? Roku has not solved the issue. They just keep wanting more information? I believe there are enough of us complaining that would "know" what the problem is.

I did contact acorntv and they answered me right away. They had logged me out on their end, but I don't think that was the problem. Roku is having the issues..

0 Kudos
janelaw

this has been happening to me with BritBox for the last couple of days and i only watch on one tv/device. turning my tv off for a minute then back on seems to fix it, i have to go thru all the menus to get back to the episode i want to watch

Jon, several users and myself only have 1 or 2 devices and it's saying the same. Something is wrong on Roku and it's charging us when we can't watch the changes we pay for.  This answer is unacceptable. 

LeslieS
Reel Rookie

Hi Kash,

We are getting this message too after each espisode we watch.  We subscribe through Britbox on ROKU.

0 Kudos
PurpleCher
Reel Rookie

My  post from yesterday:

"Maximum users streaming" message displays between episodes

Watching Heartland on Up Faith & Family. All of a sudden I started getting the "Maximum users streaming" message. I watch it on 1 tv...no one else watches this channel. Very frustrating!!!!

UPDATE:

The main reason I have been paying for Up Faith & Family is to watch Heartland. I found I can watch Heartland on several other channels so I unsubscribed. My problem is solved.

Pkathleen63
Binge Watcher

@LeslieS 

I got my Britbox through roku and that was happening to me, so I just canceled it and just download the app, and so far it's all been good, no issues at all

0 Kudos
Pkathleen63
Binge Watcher

@KSnell0708 

I had the same problem. So I just go right to the app, dont go through roku, and so far ...WALA!!! no issues.

0 Kudos