Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Continue Watching" issue with Max on Roku TV

Jump to solution

With the Max app, some of my shows no longer appear in Continue Watching. I have to search for the show, scroll through seasons, and find where I was --and sometimes if I stopped in the middle of an episode, it will be back at the beginning. There have been times I'll watch 2-3 in a row and next time I open Max, it says those 2-3 weren't even watched.

My Sharp Roku TV as well as my Roku stick are the only devices having this issue; if I watch from my phone or stop in the middle of an episode of my phone, it stays where I am if I keep using my phone. The second I watch the same show or pick up where I left off on my Roku TV or stick, the problem happens again. It's driving me crazy. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: "Continue Watching" issue with Max on Roku TV

Jump to solution

I can confirm that Max was updated on my roku device to version 54.1 Build 1, and I'm happy to report the Continue Watching function looks to be working normally. 

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
curtisls87

Jump to solution

I'm having a similar issue. Only 2 shows show up in my watch list even though I have 4 shows I'm watching. One show I'm watching keeps sending me back to Season 1 episode 1 even though I'm in the middle of season 2.

RaygunRomance
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue. Every single time I try to keep watching a tv show I have to search for it. Then like you I have to try to remember what episode I was watching. This new app is terribly frustrating.

Jump to solution

HBO shows save automatically for me, but since the Max-merge, Discover shows do not! Soooo frustrating. Please solve!

Andrewtax
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same issue.  The old HBO MAX app worked fine.  Now many shows don’t save progress and don’t show up in continue watching.

RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users, 

We understand that you are having issue continue watching with Max on Roku TV.

Each channel (app) on the Roku platform is built and maintained by the channel provider itself. If you encounter an issue within a channel that isn't occurring in every other channel on your device, you'll want to contact the channel provider directly to report the issue and request additional support.

Please keep us posted what you find out and will be more than happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
Andrewtax
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Way to pass the buck Roku.  You know well they are more likely to listen to you than individual users.  This is something you should be doing for us so they actually hear it.  It’s called customer service.  Sheesh!

dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Let MAX know by going to this link.  I'm tired of this.  As of 6/8 Thursday it's STILL not working.  To me that is lazy tech people not fixing a problem that is going on 3 weeks now.  That's not how you run a streaming company as far as I'm concerned.  They ARE very well aware of this issue also(by the way) Max | Feedback

DrNorm
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have mutliple shows that simply will not stream. When you hit 
"play", there is a message4 after a moment that says "Something went wrong" and gives you an incident # to provide tech support.
I've now had 4 or 5 different sessions with tech support and they go through the "update app (it is UTD), the uninstall/reinstall app (no difference) then reboot Roku, router and modem (no difference). I have provided the incident # but no one seemed to care.

Finally,1 week ago someone in support just admitted, "Oh yeah. We know it doesn't work." Seriously? As of today (6/9) , it STILL is not working for multiple different shows. There is absolutely no excuse for this when the HBO app worked fine. Of course, we should be complaining to Max and not Roku but I got tired of not seeing anything about this on MAx support site so thought I'd check the Roku site and, clearly, I am not the only one having this issue. It appears Max just doesn't care, though.

I might try a workaround this evening by using the Max app on my iPhone and then casting it to the Roku. I've never tried that before but perhaps it will work?

VladislavV87
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It's not been working since day one. I reported it and contacted them many times, and all we get is a generic answer: "We're aware of the situation, and our team is working on solving the problem." It's a pretty poor migration for such a large company. Moreover, they also raised the price to $20 while upgrading, yet they fail to provide the service we require.