Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrewtax
Channel Surfer

Re: "Continue Watching" issue with Max on Roku TV

The app is now worse than ever.  Half the time you want to play something it doesn’t load.  If you rewind something you are watching the hourglass is forever and you have to quit the app.  Whatever update you did a month ago is a DISASTER and they need to undo it.  Are you going to do anything about it?  You have many people here telling you about the problem and I’m sure it is worldwide but you don’t seem to be fixing it.

Pdgee
Channel Surfer

Completely agree!  Roku and/or Max should be putting out a statement letting users know that they hear us and are addressing it promptly and tell us when they will have it fixed.  I think I’m going to cancel all of my subscriptions that I made through Roku, and resubscribe on each app, individually, and hope that future technical issues with any of them will be addressed by the individual app in a prompt way. The Roku community is helpful, but I want to hear from Roku or Max. 

0 Kudos
Pdgee
Channel Surfer

Carly,  I’m paying for something that I haven’t been able to use for a week. I think Roku, and or Max need to give the users like me, who are very frustrated, some updates on a regular basis. I have a TCL Roku TV that is less than a year old. I’ve updated the app, I’ve rebooted everything, my WiFi speed is excellent, and all of my other apps work.  Today is Saturday, and I’m replying to something you posted on Wednesday, and I still can’t use Max to watch the things I want to see. In this day and age of technology, considering that the problem existed for days prior to your Wednesday post, this is a lot of time gone by without a fix.  You asked for patience and I’m asking for updates and results.  Cancellations and refunds will become an issue if this isn’t addressed.  #Roku #Max. 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop. We understand that you're having issues with the Max app.

Our team is currently aware of the issue and is undergoing an in-depth investigation regarding it. That being said, would you be so kind as to provide us with the following information? (Note that providing these details isn't necessary if you have already provided one before.)

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Troubleshooting steps you have taken in an attempt to resolve the issue.
  • Max channel version.

Please ensure that the details you share are complete and precise, as our Roku engineers need these to further investigate this issue.

Your response is highly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Andrewtax
Channel Surfer

It’s the HBO Max app.not Netflix, proving you moderators are just cutting and pasting everything and not taking us seriously.  You send the same form email over and over and over.  I now have no faith that you are sending anything to anyone and that you are wasting our time and just telling us what we want to hear.  Can you send ONE email that isn’t a form and that describes what you are doing to help?

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We understand your frustrations, @Andrewtax.

If you have already provided the details requested above, rest assured that one of the moderators has already forwarded them to the Roku engineers. As per checking, this issue is still under investigation. Once we have a significant update from the appropriate team regarding this issue, we'll surely post it here in the community.

We sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding while our team looks into this concern.

Let us know if you have further inquiries.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

Hey Roku moderator you need to check the VOD area of Pluto TV also.  We(the viewers) have gone round & round & round with the for MONTHS about an issue where the picture freezes then speeds up then is normal and then the audio goes out of sync by about 15 seconds.  It seems to be a problem with the tv show "Three's Company" but all live channels play ok.  It's just the VOD section.  Very annoying that nothing is getting fixed.  I"ve contacted Pluto multiple times - maybe you guys at Roku should step in because nobody is getting anything done.  We can't see those precious ADs you & Pluto want us to see IF THE APP DOES NOT PLAY PROPERLY.   Offering solutions or fixes will do no good to me because I have 100% tried everything - trust me.  The issue is on your end or Pluto TV.  Just take my word for it.  Again, do not offer solutions to me.  ITS NOT ON MY END - trust me.  Thanks

dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

I just love how it takes MONTHS for an issue to go away with Max or Pluto TV & the app maker does nothing.  Idiots.  

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @dragonboots2005,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to investigate this issue further. May we know what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far? What Roku device are you using right now? (Roku Express, Roku streaming stick, Roku Ultra, Roku streambar, Roku TV-Specify)

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                                  John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

still not working right - it will not que up the next episode in cont. watching, it will have the watched episode with about 10 seconds to the end of it.  still not workinggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

0 Kudos