Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RabbleRouser23
Reel Rookie

Re: "Continue Watching" issue with Max on Roku TV

Already replied to John above with these answers, thanks.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

This is appreciated, @RabbleRouser23.

We highly appreciate you for providing us with the precise requested details. Rest assured that we will include your device in the process of investigation and correction. 

Once we've been notified of updates from the team, we will make sure to let the Community know. 

In the meantime, we request your patience as we work on this and if there's anything else you'd like to report or require any assistance, please don't hesitate to let us know as we'd be more than happy to continue doing so. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Andrewtax
Channel Surfer

Serial x01000kvunxr

0 Kudos
Pdgee
Channel Surfer

This is happening to me also.  Shows I had been watching such as friends disappeared from continue watching. I had to search for the series. It still has a check mark for my list but I watched an episode and it didn’t add back on to either my list or to the continue watching list.  Then I started watching season four of True Detective. I have to add each individual episode to my list because the whole season won’t add on. It keeps taking me back to season one, which isn’t what I wanna watch. This is a freaking mess.#max Is there a fix? To make it worse I can’t even uninstall, and then reinstall the Max app, unless I cancel my subscription I don’t want to cancel the subscription, I just want basic functioning to work. This is unwieldy.

0 Kudos
dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

If you uninstall and reinstall it won't cancel your subscription.  You would have to physically go to your account page of the Max website.  That goes for any app regarding Roku.  If you subscribed through Roku then I don't know because I don't do any subscrption that way because it's a bigger pain in the ***.  To me anyway.  lol 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We're grateful to have you here in the Roku Community, @Pdgee.

Firstly, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and appreciate you for reporting this to us.

We are aware of this issue and we'd be more than happy to include your device's information in the ongoing investigation. With this being said, kindly provide us with the details requested by @RokuMary-F above. 

We'll be anticipating your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Pdgee
Channel Surfer

Thank you

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

No worries, @Pdgee.

If you can't find the post above, kindly provide us with the following details below: 

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • What version or build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)?
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, using your Roku remote's microphone button, say "Get Tracker ID," or press Home 5x and Back 5x in quick succession)
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

We'll be looking forward to your update!

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
hamilkath

I have the SAME problem. I cannot even go to the MAX app and select the series for example True Detectives without watching the entire episode over again. It will not pick up the last episode if halfway through. Please have your system support team fix this. I am paying for this service to relax and recharge after a busy day. This glitch is adding frustration not reducing it. 

Pdgee
Channel Surfer

So last night suddenly my continue watching function and my list both started working again for no apparent reason and I was able to watch True Detective. Tonight the app opens and shows me my lists but won’t play the new episode of True Detective or any rerun episodes of Friends.  It just sits there and buffers. Restarting doesn’t help. The app is up to date. My WiFi speed is excellent and all of my other apps work fine.  #Max through #Roku is the problem.   I have a TCL Roku TV that is less than a year old, and everything was fine until last week. So WTF is going on?