Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Max no longer shows Continue Watching correctly

Hi @Bruhow @keithx13,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We see that you're seeing an issue with the "Continue watching" feature on the MAX channel, and we'd like to be of assistance about this.

If you haven't tried any troubleshooting, then we would recommend performing some basics here: How to resolve a channel playback issue.

But if it's a persistent case, then please do share with us the details below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
marybethel1
Channel Surfer

Re: Currently watching isn't working on Max/Going to season 1 episode 1

@RokuCarly: I'm getting on the Max App through the standalone app. I noticed it disappeared about a week ago.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Currently watching isn't working on Max/Going to season 1 episode 1

Thank you for clarifying, @marybethel1!

In this case, it would be more effective to directly raise this concern to Max's support as this is a feature inside the standalone app. 

For further clarifications about this, you can reach them on their official Support website.

In the meantime, your patience and understanding are highly appreciated. We hope you get everything sorted out soon.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: "Continue Watching" issue with Max on Roku TV

Hi @BBT84 @RabbleRouser23,

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • What channel and what version or build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)?
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?
  • Could you provide us with a photo or a video clip of your running problem?

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Many thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

None of this has ever worked in my experience.  The problem has been gone on my app for months & months but came back on Feb. 1st and as of Feb. 7th it is still a problem.  Any suggestion you are thinking of giving I have tried already TRUST ME.  The app maker has to fix it on their end.  

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Roku Community!

Please let us know if you are having trouble with the Max channel's previously viewed content not being available for "Continue watching". Please give us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • What version or build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)?
  •  Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, using your Roku remote's microphone button, say "Get Tracker ID," or press Home 5x and Back 5x in quick succession
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Andrewtax
Channel Surfer

You keep sending this cut and paste form letter, over and over.  The Roku app for Max.  Mine is Roku Uktra.  Doesn’t add shows to Continue watching after finish an episode and log out.  When you come back in there is no evidence you have been watching and you have to search for the show and it says Season 1, Ep 1 play instead of where you are.  We had this issue when the app first came out.  Then it was resolved for a year. Now it’s back with whatever inferior update to the app you pushed through. That information should be enough to work on a fix.  

Andrewtax
Channel Surfer

Model 4800X.  XR-054-581

software 12.5.5, build 4174-C2

GC version 10.7.26

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for letting us know about this, @Andrewtax.

We value your sentiments and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Please be aware that we gather these details as we are currently in the process of investigating and finding you the best resolution possible. 

We may need your device's information as well the the Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, using your Roku remote's microphone button, say "Get Tracker ID," or press Home 5x and Back 5x in quick succession) as we will include your device in correcting this. 

We hope this clears everything out and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime. We'll be anticipating your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RabbleRouser23
Reel Rookie

Hi John,

from what other commenters say, this won't help much since it's clearly not a Roku issue, but here goes:

Model: 3810X - streaming stick+
Serial number:  YH00G7760346
Device ID:  21397G760346
Software OS/version:12.5.5 build 4174-50

HBO (Max) Channel info:
Version:56
Build 0

It's tough to get a tracking i.d. for my specific issue, (Max keeps forgetting my watch progress, but only on certain films or shows). This problem was terrible when they launched the new app with new name, as others said, it wasn't a problem for a year or so, now it's back with a vengeance!

I've attached a photo of my "continue watching" list which shows that The Thaw, which I had left off in the middle of episode 6 yesterday, was this morning completely gone from the above list. What's more, it was checked as on my watch list, but wasn't at the top where it should be with most recently added. I had to scroll way down the list to find it. For that show, as well as for Mare of Easttown this week, every time I've left it and gone back to it, I've had to search for it and find my place again. We're talking 4 times per day!

Interestingly, now that I've finished The Thaw, it is remaining on my continue watching list, go figure!

I've tried the only troubleshooting options available to me multiple times, which is to update my Roku stick, and update the channel. In both cases, I'm always told that I'm on the latest version. I can't uninstall/reinstall Max since I bought my subscription through Roku.

As for my issue with the 10s back button. Next time it happens, I'll try to get a tracker id if possible. It happens a lot! Instead of going back 10 seconds, it just keeps rewinding, all the way to the beginning if I don't catch it.

I'm open to suggestions. Since it seems like specifically a Max coding issue, and they don't give an easy way to contact tech support on their site, perhaps Roku has some sway with them to do something about this widespread glitch!

Thanks for any assistance!

Fairly useless image of my watchlist absent The Thaw which gets repeatedly droppedFairly useless image of my watchlist absent The Thaw which gets repeatedly dropped

0 Kudos