Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
signal13

"Continue Watching" issue with Max on Roku TV

I'm having the same issue today. I'm halfway through the first season of Boardwalk Empire and today its disappeared from my continue watching. Max app is so clunky compared to Netflix or Prime. 

54 REPLIES 54
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: "Continue Watching" issue with Max on Roku TV

Hi @signal13,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Thanks for flagging us about this behavior on the MAX channel "Continue Watching" feature. We're here to help.

To learn more, please let us know...

• Have you also observed this in other shows available on the platform?
  • Is this working correctly prior to this case?
  • What troubleshooting efforts have you tried so far?

With more information, we'll be able to better isolate the issue.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jfcwhy
Streaming Star

I am having the same problem.  I am 5 episodes into Station Eleven and there is nothing for “Continue Watching” on the home page.  Worked fine until today.

What’s worse, the app is not tracking my progress in the show.  The series page says “Watch S1 E1” (very top left of screen clip) when I am 5 episodes in, and even that does not match the progress bars on each episodes(screen clip).  Guess I’ll track my episode progress using pen and paper 😠

This is really basic streaming functionality- progress tracking and simple resumption where we left off.  Very, very frustrating.IMG_0869.png

Jfcwhy
Streaming Star

Broken episode progress X 2Broken episode progress X 2This is broken when looking at Max.com thru Chrome on my Windows 10 laptop as well, so it's not an app problem, it's something on the back end.   Note "Watch E1 S1", even though it shows episodes 1 & 2 have been watched(even though I have actually watched all tghe way thru episode 5).

RaygunRomance
Reel Rookie

This problem had been remedied for several months. I had to update the Max app a couple of days ago and the problem has started again. The Great Pottery Throwdown and Worst Cooks in America are both disappearing from my Continue Watching List. It also forgets where in the episode I am if I stop watching in the middle of the episode. It is too much of a hassle to keep track of this with a pen and paper and then have to search the app to locate the show and then fast forward through the episode to get where I am in the show. It has made me give up watching those two shows. One of them is airing brand new episodes and I’m going to have to wait until this is fixed again before coming back to Max.

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop. We understand that you're having issues with this channel on your Roku device.

Our team is currently aware of the issue and is undergoing an in-depth investigation regarding it. That being said, would you be so kind as to provide us with the following information?

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Troubleshooting steps you have taken in an attempt to resolve the issue.

Once a few more pieces of information have been gathered, we will be able to pass them along to the appropriate support team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jfcwhy
Streaming Star

Blunt question- why aren’t the engineers and testers gathering all this info, trying various combinations of Roku devices, etc?   Surely the testers have a lab setup do this sort of investigation.  I was a software Eng for 20 years and we didn’t ask our customers to help us debug their issues. We took a bug report and went to work.  It’s bad enough that we have a product/service that is not working properly, now you want us us to spend our valuable time helping to fix the issue?  

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jfcwhy,

Thank you for your feedback.

We understand your frustration about the running issue, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Please be advised that the issue may not occur to everyone, and the few who reported it will be further investigated by the appropriate Roku team to fix the issue right away.

We appreciate your cooperation and understanding in this matter.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Andrewtax
Channel Surfer

It started happening again for me on several shows about 3 days ago. 

Andrewtax
Channel Surfer

Sopranos, Band of Brothers… same issue doesn’t show I’ve been watching or register on continue watching.  Have to search for the show every time.  Roku Ultra

0 Kudos