Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AddyAlways
Reel Rookie

"Continue Watching" appeared, then disappeared!

Same thing just happened to me in the last week... It was there for days and then *poof* gone. Did you ever figure out how to get it back?

Labels (1)
22 REPLIES 22
Midnyte
Reel Rookie

Yes, I did. It is now in the "What to Watch" section of the main menu. Once you scroll down to that, you'll see your "Continue Watching" in the choices on the right side of screen.

0 Kudos

Mine doesn't have anything under "What to Watch" other than "show" and "hide". Ugh! I loved that feature.

0 Kudos
Wohali

Lost continue watching this afternoon along with the saved items. Neither of these are anywhere in the settings or any of the menus.

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Wohali,

Thank you for sharing your report with us here in the Roku Community, and welcome!

We would like to know more about this ongoing problem. Would you kindly let us know when you first noticed the problem?

Did you receive an update that might be related to this?

Please tell us more about this so that we can further assist you.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bmcstowe

Just happened to me tonight. I was watching a series for a week and could always select Continue Watching. Now I can’t get there. It’s showing much older “Continue Watching” items. 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: "Continue Watching" appeared, then disappeared!

Hi @bmcstowe,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about your problem with "Continue Watching." We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue. Kindly try restarting the system by following the steps below.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System Restart.

After doing so, you can try updating your software (optional) and see if it fixes the issue.

Let us know how it goes, and we'll be glad to further assist you.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                  Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lmcelius
Channel Surfer

I use continue watching all the time and it's now gone on all my Rokus.  It seems to have been replaced with On Now and sometimes it says What to Watch.  Need my continue watching!

Dan6468

Have the same issue. Sick of roku making changes.  Went from 3 across to 4, got used to it, just went back to 3 across.  Had to change app locations.  Added continue watching, got used to it, was helpful, now it gone.  Quit making changes.  Rebooting does nothing.  

Callmekem
Reel Rookie

I don’t understand where my continue watching feature went. It used to be in the first row above the first row of channels now it’s gone. It was replaced by recommendations, which is not what I want. I looked in the settings to see if I could change it back to what I was watching, but that is not an option. I can only turn on and off recommendations, but I cannot get back to continue what I was watching. Why is that?

0 Kudos