Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

peacock+ shows incorrect local channel when using t-Moble 5g internet

I live in Memphis but when I connect my roku device to a t-Moble 5g gateway peacock shows my local NBC  channel as being in Nashville but when I connect it to at&t wifi gateway it shows my local NBC channel as being in Memphis which is where I live. I have tried updating the zip code in my roku device but that did not help. T-Moble says its an issue with roku but the only change is between At&t wifi or T-Moble. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: peacock+ shows incorrect local channel when using t-Moble 5g internet

I would guess that whatever IP location service peacock is using is coming up with a different result on T-Mobile. 

0 Kudos

I’m out in Oakland tan and my Roku tv is doing the same thing. I don’t have cable just streaming and this all started Thursday. I checked and my zip code is correct!  How do we fix this?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hey @0516 

Thanks for the post.

Does the issue only occur on Peacock or across other channels installed on your Roku device? 

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel and then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos