Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MadMaria

only live streaming on my roku onn model 100012589

My roku has been working just fine until one night and when I tried Hulu or Peacock or Youtube it went nowhere.  I have unplugged replugged tv and modem, I have done a system update and my wifi and signal are excellent. I press the channel I want, the screen changes to that channel for a second then back to home.  I am VERY frustrated as I am watching these channels on my laptop and not tv!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: only live streaming on my roku onn model 100012589

Hi, @MadMaria

Sending our warmest greetings here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for letting us know about the issue you've encountered, and we value your efforts in an attempt to resolve the issue. We understand how this issue affects your streaming experience and be more than pleased to assist you in addressing it. Please follow the troubleshooting steps below:

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the star (*) key on your remote, and choose "Remove channel".
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System Restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to "Streaming Store" on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
  4. You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Kindly perform the steps above for more accurate and successful results in resolving the issue.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos