Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ava11112

long repetitive commercials on ROKU free shows

Why does ROKU play the one-minute long ROKU commercial 4 times in a row when I watch their shows on my mobile phone. If I have to hear that song one more time, I'm going to go crazy. I understand that they need to advertise but to hear that one-minute song over and over in one show is too much. I end up turning off the show. Is anyone else having this problem. Doesnt happen when I watch on my ROKU stick - only on the mobile app. 

3 REPLIES 3
KimW6
Streaming Star

Re: long repetitive commercials on ROKU free shows

It's now happening on the roku stick too.  😝😝

RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @ava11112 @KimW6,

We appreciate your post,

Thanks for letting us know about the experience you had with commercials and ads. We understand that repetitive ads take out the fun of the streaming experience. We want to assure you that we are committed to following the proper standards with our commercials and ads to avoid offensive and inappropriate displays of content. 

We'll forward your comments to the appropriate Roku team for review. 

Regards,

Arjiemar 

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
KimW6
Streaming Star

I solved the repetitive ROKU ad problem. I deleted the ROKU channel app and just won't ever reinstall the channel. Peace at last...!

0 Kudos