Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TRACINE

local abc news channel 13, hampton roads, virginia

where can i find abc local news channel 13, hampton roads, virginia? i had been watching it on 'newson' app.  now i can only get clips of the newscast.  what happened?  i was able to get it 3 days ago?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: where can i find abc local news channel 13, hampton roads, virginia? i had been watching it on '

@TRACINE 

Next, there are no mentions on the WVEC Website about watching via any streaming device. There are clips on their Website, but no live streams, nor anything that points to any supported streaming app. However, there is a Roku app that the Website is not promoting. And since the app was developed by Tegna, the current owners of WVEC (sale in progress), it's an official app. But, they aren't promoting it for some reason. Maybe the sale.

NewsOn will aggregate news clips from various TV stations, including WVEC. There are other services that do this as well. WVEC may appear on other aggregate apps.

I'm not certain if this may impact things, but a couple of weeks ago, the sale of Tegna, which owns WVEC, to Standard Media was approved. New ownership might mean a lot of changes. Perhaps new content distribution agreements may be reached, but I don't know if current contracts have expired. And, as I said, I don't know if this is good or bad for the app.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos