Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hwayne

livestreaming channel no longer available on my roku

what happened to livestreaming channel

5 REPLIES 5
pearlr

Re: livestreaming channel no longer available on my roku

I am having the same issue. How do I correct this?

pfergjr

Livestream unavailable -WHY ?

Last evening the Livestreaming channel - which I've used/viewed for years has arbitrarilly vanished from Roku service. I am curious as to what criteria is used in this type of decision making. This particular Channel supplied local programing unavailable in Northeast Ohio via larger cable supplying services and is one of the main reasons Roku was an attractive alternative. Is there a possibility that this cancelation of Livestream can be reconsidered or reversed ?

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Livestream unavailable -WHY ?

There's a lot of channels/apps that haven't been updated in years and use components that will no longer exist once Roku updates to software version 11.5.  Developers have been given years notice to rewrite and remove the old components.  Roku is removing those channels/apps that haven't been updated from the Channel Store now before 11.5 is released.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Prentice3
Reel Rookie

If ROKU dropped Livestream because Livestream wasn't maintaining their software, it is understandable that ROKU would drop Livestream before the next ROKU software update comes out.  HOWEVER, the question is whether ROKU informed its viewers of this action.

I've been a ROKU user for several years and have five ROKU Ultra devices.  I've recommended ROKU on many occasions.  If ROKU posted or emailed a notice that they were dropping Livestream, I missed it, and that's probably my fault.  But if ROKU simply chose not to provide such a notice to its customers, that is unprofessional and disappointing.  They should do better.

0 Kudos
Prentice3
Reel Rookie

If ROKU dropped Livestream because Livestream wasn't maintaining their software, it is understandable that ROKU would drop Livestream before the next ROKU software update comes out.  HOWEVER, the question is whether ROKU informed its viewers of this action.

I've been a ROKU user for several years and have five ROKU Ultra devices.  I've recommended ROKU on many occasions.  If ROKU posted or emailed a notice that they were dropping Livestream, I missed it, and that's probably my fault.  But if ROKU simply chose not to provide such a notice to its customers, that is unprofessional and disappointing.  They should do better.