Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hwb3
Reel Rookie

lbry.tv or **bleep**ute as an alternative to YouTube censorship

Jump to solution

Come on ROKU... give us an alternative to YouTube. PLEASE!

https://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/blatant-censorship-the-great-youtube-purge

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: lbry.tv or BIT_CHUTE as an alternative to YouTube censorship

Jump to solution

Roku doesn't "give" you channels, except for their own "The Roku Channel" and "Roku Media Player".  Otherwise Roku just provides the platform on which the channel apps run, with the channels themselves creating their own Roku-compatible channel apps and providing them to Roku.

If you have some YouTube alternatives you'd like to see on Roku, contact those services and tell them.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Roku doesn't "give" you channels, except for their own "The Roku Channel" and "Roku Media Player".  Otherwise Roku just provides the platform on which the channel apps run, with the channels themselves creating their own Roku-compatible channel apps and providing them to Roku.

If you have some YouTube alternatives you'd like to see on Roku, contact those services and tell them.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
hwb3
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks... just frustrated.

youRlame

Jump to solution

Well you censored infowars 

nld33

Re: lbry.tv or **bleep**ute as an alternative to YouTube censorship

Jump to solution

I'd like to see Rumble.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: lbry.tv or **bleep**ute as an alternative to YouTube censorship

Jump to solution

Hi @nld33,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I understand that you want to access the Rumble channel, is that correct?

You can get the Rumble channel here or find it in the Channel Store to add it to your Roku home screen.

Keep us posted and we'll continue assisting from there if needed.

Best regards,
Mary

Jump to solution

Thank you.  This solves one of my problems with YouTube, and allows me to start a boycott of them by having people remove YouTube (for crimes against humanity) from their Roku.  They have been kicking real expert doctors, researchers, and virologists, and others off for telling people how to survive a viral infection an the cost of thousands of lives that could have been saved if they hadn't.  These posters have no conflicts of interest and they have experience at the bedside of patients and/or a desire to help others for free (i.e., not dependent on big pharma lobbyist money).  YouTube's logo makes me feel sick when I see it, and I was wondering how to remove it.

As for hate speech, do we have a right to our feelings or not?  Of all the ways to express our feelings, isn't speech the best way to do it, not only for the person with feelings, but for everyone around them?  Why would you tell someone to stuff their feelings, hide them, and not express them in words?  For example, forcing them to serve food to people they hate just sounds dangerous to me.  Might as well remove the rattles from rattlesnakes.  I hope Roku knows better.  Plus, it's easier for the FBI to locate danger.