Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keep getting thrown off channels

When using TV guide I choose a channel to watch but I'm being thrown off the channel repeatedly.  I've shut down my TV and restarted it, that doesn't work,  I've checked updates, and that doesn't work, I have even done a factory reset, that worked for a week and the issue began to repeat itself all over again.

I believe this is a programming issue and roku needs to permanently fix it.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: keep getting thrown off channels

Hi @parkerlinuxmint,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about your problem streaming on your Roku device. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue. Please tell us more details so that we can better understand the problem you are having.

• How are you powering your Roku device?
  • How far is your device from your network router?
  • Have you tried restarting your network router?
  • Do you have cellular data, so we can try connecting your device to your hotspot?
  • Is the issue happening on all content or channels, or is this isolated to one content or channel? (Specify)
  • What is the software version of your Roku device? (Check on Settings > System > About.)

In the meantime, please make sure to power your Roku device directly from the wall outlet and not at the back of the TV. You can also try restarting your network router and connecting your Roku device to a mobile hotspot, for there are instances where this is happening depending on how you power your device or the connection of your Roku device to the network.

Let us know how it goes, and we will continue to assist you further. We are eager to hear from you and investigate this matter further. Thank you!

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos