Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Itsmejb

i24 news player will not accept log in credentials

Jump to solution

I used to be able to watch i24 news live through the Roku app.  Requires a subscription which I have.  But it will not recognize the login credentials. When I enter them it says authenticating but then goes back to saying that h don’t have a subscription. Credentials are correct, I use them my phone and computer. Any ideas. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: i24 news player will not accept log in credentials

Jump to solution

You need to contact the provider of that channel (www.i24news.tv). It's their app and only they can provide customer support for it. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
atc98092

Jump to solution

You need to contact the provider of that channel (www.i24news.tv). It's their app and only they can provide customer support for it. 

Dan

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi, 

same issue I have a Samsung with an Apple TV box behind. Worked for years. My subscription works on other devices but no longer on TVs!

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@mickaelsebban you're asking in the wrong place for a Samsung TV. While apps may look the same on different devices, they are completely different programming languages and have no similarity other than appearance. 

Dan

0 Kudos
Ricki1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same thing here. My iphone works fine cant use Roku. Also the Roku site won't let me do auto renew. Think maybe Roku has joined the anti-Israel movement and no longer carries the station? I can't find it on the Roku search for news stations anymore. 

atc98092

Jump to solution

@Ricki1 wrote:

Same thing here. My iphone works fine cant use Roku. Also the Roku site won't let me do auto renew. Think maybe Roku has joined the anti-Israel movement and no longer carries the station? I can't find it on the Roku search for news stations anymore. 

The app on an iPhone is completely different than any Roku app, different programming languages. So it's immaterial if it works on a different device. 

I just checked the Roku channel store on their web page, and i24News is listed. Sometimes news channels don't show up when searching that genre, so you simply look for the name. Roku is not anti-anything that I can tell, other than channels that don't meet their terms of use requirements. 

Dan

0 Kudos
Ricki1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It tells me i have a subscription but won't let me see live. The Roku webpage also says I have a subscription that is free til April 29th. But as I said wont let me auto-renew. I wrote to the email on the i24 news page and they gave me someone at I24 days ago. Heard nothing back. It is ok I will just watch it on my phone. Thanks