Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AZviewer
Reel Rookie

frndly disappeared from subscribed and available channels

Yesterday frndly disappeared from our subscribed channels.  I tried to search for it to reload it, so to speak, but it didn't show up in the search.  I went to this website and searched for frndly, doesn't show up here either.  Tried calling in to ask, no support for channels only billing and set up. 

So did frndly get dropped from available channels?  Or is there something else I can do to get it back.  

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: frndly disappeared from subscribed and available channels

@AZviewer 

Does this link work for you to install FrndlyTV?

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/300d1f91b5e583145c8a3fba6f08dafd/frndly-tv

---

Was able to also search from my device and install successfully.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
AZviewer
Reel Rookie

that link took me to a screen with many possible channels such as apple tv,  But frndly.tv was not on the list.  

thanks for trying.  

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@AZviewer 

Probably going to need some details then to help narrow down issue.  What is the Roku model number, Software OS and build numbers. (found in Settings/System/About)

Are you using your device in Arizona?  Any VPNs in use that may be contributing?

----

For some reason, seems like your Roku device may be determing that Frndly is not available to your device due to a geographical/region issue or model number (especially since you indicated you have used it before).  When a channel/app is not available to a region or a particular Roku model, it will not show up in Search results.

I didn't see any current reports of Frndly issues (known issues) so currently seems isolated to you and your device at this point.

----

First thing I would do is restart both the router and the Roku device and then try again.  If the region and the device model number can be ruled out, then two further potential avenues to explore.  Try performing a Factory Reset. (Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Factory Reset).  If still a no-go, try creating a new Roku account (new email address).  This of course affects all subscriptions you may have, so have to decide if this step won't inconvenience you too much.

Before performing a factory reset, make sure you have a working physical Roku remote.

Post back with the above info and we can try to troubleshoot a bit first but wanted to post the above so you have some last resort steps available to you.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
AZviewer
Reel Rookie

It's a TCL roku tv  

on about page 

TCL model SSUP120

Hardware ID 6110X

Software Version 12.0.0 Build 4182-22

Yes, I am in Arizona,  NW corner of the greater Phoenix area.  

No idea as of yet.  The people at frndly say they are working on it, but i suspect its a roku problem of some kind because its working other places.  

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

@AZviewer wrote:

that link took me to a screen with many possible channels such as apple tv,  But frndly.tv was not on the list.  

That's what happened to me the first time I clicked @AvsGunnar's link.  But I was helping someone in Canada recently, so I scrolled down to the lower right corner and:  Yes, Roku.com was still set for Canada.  So I clicked on change and set it to the US and then the link worked. 

So take at look at the lower right corner of roku.com and make sure it says:  United States (change)

fina

I am experiencing the same issue. I had been watching frndly for quite some time, and today it is gone. I did all the trouble shooting there is and no luck. On the virtual support, the Roku express is not supported. It has to be the Roku device because it is working on my smart tv and phone. What do we do?

0 Kudos
AZviewer
Reel Rookie

I resolved the problem today by calling ROKU, option two which didn't sound like it covered this issue, but it did apparently.  They tried a few things and then said it was a frndly problem.  Based on hunch given by another use above I asked if it showed where I was? It thought I was in Canada, and frndly is not available there. They had me delete my account and open a new one and the correction came in the middle.  It was complicated because we couldn't hear each other well on phone, but in the long run its working.  Since I have few channels it was a simple task to set back up again. 

0 Kudos