Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
valuenyc
Reel Rookie

display of program descriptions

I'm really at a loss where to post this and don't have high hopes. But if there's something that I'm missing, some little fix that I can do, please do advise. Failing that, I'm hopeful that the issue can be considered for some future development at Roku: 

We watch a lot with our streaming stick+ and just love it. The channels we watch give us a little description of the plot of an episode or movie. These descriptions are complete at the channel's web site (e.g., acorn and britbox). But on my TV with the stick, they are incomplete. Often the text is cut off in the middle of a word (same two channels, for example). So since the info is there on the channel's web site, I have to blame Roku for this. I also really fear that if any fix is possible, it would mean smaller print which would not be very helpful.

Amazon Prime fixes this problem by providing a MORE button where lots more info is available. Indeed, at least as far as I can tell, the info available via Roku is extremely skimpy. If I look up a movie that has more than one version, it can be awfully hard to tell which one the stick/channel is offering me. Like, a list of actors might be nice. Or how about the year in which this particular Hamlet or Romeo was produced?  I'll guess that Roku can't take all the blame for this, but perhaps it is part of the problem rather than part of the solution?

None of this is a deal-breaker. Still, any improvement would be most welcome.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: display of program descriptions

These forums have a well-hidden Suggest A Feature area.  I'm not sure Roku ever looks at it though.  Seems like most suggestions entered there just go into a black hole.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos