Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jim23

cant play you tube not enough memory

Have been watching you tube tv through you tube on roku for years with no problem.  today i am watching it and roku kicks me off and when i try to load you tube it says not enough memory.  I have deleted every single app except you tube and still get same message.

Any suggestions  seems like a roku issue.  i am about done with all of their bs

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: cant play you tube not enough memory

Hi @jim23,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

I understand that you are experiencing an issue with Youtube prompting you with not enough space, we recommend removing channels including the Youtube channel, restarting your device, then trying to add the Youtube channel back to see if you are still experiencing the issue you are seeing.

In addition, are all other streaming channels playing content normally? 

If the issues persist, we suggest performing a factory reset on your Roku TV to see if that resolves the issue.

Perform the following steps with your Roku remote or the Roku mobile app.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Advanced system settings
  5. Select Factory reset
  6. If you have a Roku TV, select Factory reset everything. Otherwise, move to the next step.
  7. Follow the on-screen instructions

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How to system restart or factory reset your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos